22

Yatta's POV

"You got it?" I spoke to Mamé as I helped her walk out of the hospital. She nodded slowly, but I didn't let go of her. She spoke of how weak her legs were feeling, and I didn't need her falling out on me.

My baby's finally being released after three long days spent in that hoe. Since she's been in there, I've been by her side making sure she was straight and comfortable like she always does for me.

I was tripping for a while when we were in there. In the middle of the night she'll wake up by starting to cry and shit, talking about how much something hurts so I'd have to get a nurse to come in. She stopped talking like she was before and just sat there watching TV. I would try and make conversation here and there, but after a while she'll just tell me she's going to sleep.

Most nights she couldn't even sleep because she would start getting paranoid if she hears too many noises. Even when it was too dark in the rooms.

I helped her into my car and made sure she was good before closing her door and going to the drivers seat. I started up the car and we were on our way to her place.

Jas was there to open the door and she led Mamé back to her room.

"You good?" I asked her as I stood in her doorway. She slowly nodded again and I sighed.

"Why you not talkin? Yo mouth still hurt?" I didn't like all this silent shit.

"No." She spoke lowly.

"Then wassup? You been too quiet the last two days." I sat on her bed with her.

She shook her head. "Nothin, I'm straight."

I nodded even though I knew she wasn't. "You need anything?"

"Yeah, some water please." She softly spoke. I wasted no time getting it for her. I handed her the cup of water and she gulped it down in no time.

"Thank you." She slightly smiled and I waved her off.

"Don't worry bout it."

After a few hours of chilling with her, it was getting kinda late and I didn't think Mamé needed me here. So, I stood up and started grabbing my things, until she stopped me.

"Can you please stay with me?" She asked.

"Yeah, of course." I spoke and put my shoes down before sitting next to her. She grabbed onto me and pulled me closer to her on the bed as I wrapped my arms around her. "You good?"

She nodded. "Yeah." She was silent before she spoke up again. "I was so scared!" She started to cry and I comforted her.

"Don't worry bout that now, ight? You good, that's all that matters." I spoke.

"I know but, I just keep replaying that moment in my head. I really hope I didn't hurt the person I crashed into."

I stayed silent as I looked over at her. I don't know how she's feeling right now, so I'm going to just let her get everything off her chest.

"Yatta..." She looked over at me.

"Yeah?" I didn't break the eye contact. She stared at me for a while like she wanted to say something, before she shook her head.

"N-Nothing."

"Nah, tell me." I was curious now since she looked so afraid.

"It's nothing, seriously." She gave me a fake smile as I eyed her.

"Alright."
_______________________________

"My Crestside niggas, y'all good?" I dapped up some youngings from Vallejo. We've been talking non stop about collating, and I've finally made time to come to their studio.

I really didn't want to leave Mamé but, she wanted me to go since I had work to do. Even though it's been 3 days now that she's been out the hospital, I was still worried about her and wanted to be by her side to make sure she was straight at all times.

"We good bro, you straight?" Sheik dapped me up along with the rest of them.

"I'm coolin." I spoke as I looked over at the boy who was always with Sheik. He looked young as shit but, Sheik is around 16 anyway.

"This my bro, Tutu. Tu this the big homie Yatta. I'm sure you heard his shit before." Sheik introduced us.

"Yeah, you hot in the Bay right now. What it do?" He dapped me up.

"Just been workin, yadadamean." I spoke. "Lemme hear what y'all niggas been working on."

I walked over to the soundboard and Sheik started playing what him, T.O and Slimmy been working on.

"This shit slap, 'm fuckin with the old school beat. When y'all dropping this?" I nodded as it finished up.

"Tonight, along wit No love. Niggas finally used that beat you sent." Yhung T.O spoke.

"Word? Lemme hear it." I took a seat and he played it.

"My Narf nigga go off." I started Thizzin.

The rest of the night we were playing beats and fucking around in the Stu. We ain't really get no real work done, besides them dropping their new shit. But, we fashoo gon be on that soon.

"Y'all niggas needa come down to my Stu in Oakland. We can work on some mo' shit out there." I spoke getting ready to leave.

They nodded and Shiek spoke. "Fashoo brodie."

I dapped them up before heading out and getting in my car.

"Hello?" I picked up my ringing phone.

"Yatta...."

"What you want?"

"I miss you-" I hung up on her goofy ass without responding.

As I was driving, she kept calling me over and over. Obviously the clueless hoe was not getting the hint so I answered again.

"Mayne the fuck you want? I'm onna rode!" I spoke.

"We never got to finish what we started!" Taja's desperate ass spoke.

"Bitch that was how long ago? I'm back wit my girl and we good over here. Stop playin on my line fo' I block yo dumb ass. Mayne, how the fuck you even get my number?" I didn't even wait for a response before I hung up my phone and tossed it onto the passenger seat.
_______________________________