Chapter 34: War Triggers

CHAPTER 34: WAR TRIGGERS

"What is it?" Maria asked, seeing Carla suddenly double over in pain, holding her stomach.

"Something's wrong," Carla said, one hand against the table as she straightened up a bit, still feeling the pain, just not as clearly as moments before. "My connection to Heidi is broken; I think someone's just killed her. Either that or she's severely hurt."

"Well what do we do?" Maria asked, watching Carla as she shut her eyes.

"Give me one second and I'll find out what's really going on."

Maria just readjusted how she was sitting in her chair, watching Carla who stayed completely still, eyes closed the entire time. An annoyed look crossed Carla's face; she opened her eyes.

"Motherfuckers killed her!" she exclaimed, hitting the table in frustration. "That's it; I'm completely done with these bastards. We're leaving tomorrow morning with the army; they aren't gonna get away with this. I won't let them off that easy."

"You sure the army's ready to go out?" Maria asked, Carla looking to her.

"Oh I'm sure; they're been ready for a while now. The City shouldn't be one-hundred percent ready for the attack yet," she said in response, Maria nodding. "Heidi was saying that apparently their first line of defence isn't one-hundred percent either which gives us the advantage."

"So what's the plan?"

"We take that Iron Army out early tomorrow morning," Carla began, Maria nodding to indicate that she was listening. "We get close to The City but leave it until the next day to really attack. I want them to see us coming on the day we attack. Let them know we're gonna raze their city to the ground."

Maria gave another nod, liking the idea of it.

"Sounds like a good plan to me."

'~'~'~'~'~

Matt crossed his arms as the others stood just off to either of his sides, looking at Heidi's unmoving body.

"What do we do with her?" Ash asked, keeping her voice down as Andy shifted uncomfortably off to her right. "We can't really just...leave her here..."

"We have to get rid of the body," Chris said, Matt just staring down at the unfortunate situation in front of the four of them. "Ash's right, we can't leave her dead in the cell."

"Does Vic know this' happened?" Andy asked seriously.

Matt shook his head. "No and I don't think he'll be overly happy about this when someone tells him."

Ash looked to him.

"You're the one that killed her, so you're the one that tells Vic the bad news."

Matt looked over his shoulder at her, Ash shrugging at him and placing her hands on her hips as her gaze went back to Heidi's dead body. Matt followed her gaze, thinking the entire time about what they needed to do as a guard walked past, once again not paying any attention to what was going on. Vic's guards were slack.

"We have to burn the body," Matt suddenly said, the three of them looking to him.

Ash was appalled.

"You're joking," she said, Matt once again looking to her. "Jesus Matt, she's already dead! Just dig a shallow grave and dump her in."

"That's not really any better Ash," Andy said, Ash looking to him. "Even Heidi doesn't deserve to be left in a ditch."

"Well if she wasn't meant to be thrown into a ditch, then why does the word 'witch' rhyme with it?" Ash asked back sarcastically, Andy rolling his eyes. "She's destined for the unending coldness of the earth. She'll be going to Hell anyway."