Chapter 28: Medicinal Plants

CHAPTER 28: MEDICINAL PLANTS

"So we've managed to reach a solution on what to do," Vic spoke, looking around at everyone as they sat in the group room later on that night.

Chris was once sitting in the middle of Andy and Alex, Ash over the other side with Gates, River happily sitting on his lap and keeping himself occupied with some book he'd been given, though he probably couldn't read a lot of it. Zacky was on Gates' left, Jinxx next to him this time. As usual, Jacoby was on one of the lone chairs that was near the middle of the room.

"Jinxx was saying earlier on that he'll be able to get what we need in order to help heal Matt up; to stop the poisoning," Vic continued, River looking up at Gates who returned the look.

River pointed to one of the words on the page, Gates looking down at it.

"What's this one?" River asked.

"Constant," Gates said in return before looking back up at Vic who spoke again.

"I want a few of you to go with him because safety in numbers," he said, looking around at everyone. "I want at least a group of three to four of you including Jinxx; Jacoby, I want you to be one of the people to go so everyone can get around quicker and you won't be gone as long. Any volunteers? We need at least two more people."

"I'll go," Gates spoke up, River tapping him and pointing to another word; Gates looked down at the word River was pointing to. "Basic."

"The only place you're going is your bed," Zacky said, his gaze on Gates as everyone looked to him. "You're in no condition to be going outside those walls; I'll go."

"So we've got Zacky and Jacoby going with Jinxx," Vic said as Gates rolled his eyes, shifting slightly. Vic looked over to where Chris, Andy and Alex were. "One of you wanna go with them? Complete the group of four?"

Alex shook his head furiously, not liking the idea of leaving the security of the City's walls. Andy and Chris looked to each other, neither sure if the other one would want to go with them; Gates was out due to his injury so they needed someone else that knew what they were doing.

"I'd like to go but I kinda need to stay here with Juliet," Andy said, Chris knowing he was going anyway now. "So if you could go along that would be great..."

"Yeah alright," Chris sighed. He looked to Vic. "I'll go with them."

Vic nodded in satisfaction.

"That works well; you know the things we need as well," he said. "Alright, I'd like you four to head out early tomorrow morning; it's unfortunately too late now and there's no point in wandering around in the dark, especially since it's not always that friendly outside once the sun goes down. Two of you know what you're after, so try to be as quick as you can and make sure you get everything."

Chris nodded, Zacky indifferent as usual.

"We don't actually know how to mix all this stuff together," Jinxx spoke up, everyone looking to him as River pointed out another word to Gates who answered him quietly. "We may unfortunately need Heidi once we've got everything. We don't really wanna risk mixing it wrong and having it do anything worse."

"The worst it can do is kill him," Ash spoke up, Gates and Zacky both looking at her with a lot of annoyance.

"That's what we're trying to avoid if you hadn't noticed," Zacky said, Ash rolling her eyes and leaning back where she was sitting, crossing her arms.

"Not like it'd be a mass loss," she muttered to herself.

"You're extremely heartless, y'know that?" Zacky snapped at her, Ash avoiding his gaze. "So you'd rather he dies; you'd be happy if that happened, right? Well sorry to break it to you bitch, but some of us actually give a fuck about him; your opinion is fucking invalid here."