Chapter 10: Sold Out

CHAPTER 10: SOLD OUT

"I think I've figured it out," Zacky said, getting Gates' attention away from what he was looking at on the wall.

"Figured out what?"

"How we can get our own Iron Army to counter Maria's," Zacky said, standing up from the kitchen bench; Don was next to him and Jacoby was currently somewhere else in the house.

Gates crossed his arms, looking at Zacky.

"Alright, how?" he asked, glancing at Don who looked rather interested in what Zacky was about to tell. "How're we gonna get our own Iron Army to counter Maria's?"

"Well we first need to get our hands on one of her soldiers so we know how they work," Zacky began. "I pitched the idea to Jinxx and Andy earlier but we didn't know how to get one; I think I've figured out how."

Gates and Don exchanged looks before they both looked back to Zacky as Jacoby came back into the room.

"How?" Gates asked. "You've seen first-hand what they're like; how're we gonna get one when we can't get near them?"

"Heidi was controlling them, telling them what to do," Zacky said. "If we can either get her to send them out without her, or we can grab her before she tells them to do anything, we can get one of them. I'm gonna need you with us, because you can stop them with the barrier."

Gates sighed, messing his hair up a bit as he took in what Zacky was saying.

"Let's say this works," he began. "How're we meant to go about it without telling Vic? We have to say something to him about it because we'll have to find somewhere to store this soldier while we dissect it and find out how it works so we can replicate it. We can't talk to Vic about it while we're in this predicament Zack; it's not possible."

"We have to try," Zacky said, a bit of disappointment in his voice. "We have no other choice; we have to go see Vic about this."

Gates gave an unamused laugh, shifting his position.

"We can't," he emphasised. "Zack, I dunno if you realise, but we're not exactly Vic's favourite people; I'm certainly not someone he likes. He'll just lock us both up this time, not just me. We can't go to him about this because we're technically fugitives. It's a great idea, but I somehow doubt he's gonna be up for the idea if we're the ones going to him about it."

Zacky looked to Jacoby who returned the gaze without a word. When he realised why he was looking at him, he shook his head.

"Uh-uh; no fucking way," Jacoby said, Zacky sighing. "I'm not telling him anything; you're the one that wants to create your own army, so you can go tell him. He'll know something's up if I say anything since you're the one that originally came up with the idea. Take some initiative and tell him yourself; don't drag me into this any further."

Zacky looked at him with a bit of disappointment as the front door opened, someone talking to whoever else was there.

"We have to do it," Zacky said, his gaze back on Gates. "We have to try; this might be the only way to get Matt back Brian. We have no other choice but to go to Vic with this."

Gates didn't say anything as someone appeared in the entranceway to the kitchen, getting everyone's attention; by the looks of it, this was Jacoby's wife.

"Hey," Jacoby greeted. He looked to the others in the room. "This' my wife Kelly; Kelly, this' Zacky, Gates and you already know Don."

Kelly looked to Jacoby, a bit of an unamused look on her face.