Story Description

Laney Rubia is paired up with the most unlikely partner for her English class.

Nora "The Nerd" Lovegood.

Known as the school's resident nerd and diehard Harry Potter fan, Nora is an easy target for the jocks and popular kids. Even the unpopular kids bully her.

Determined to just get through the project, Laney tries to keep on the down low about her pairing up with Nora but Nora isn't afraid to show it off. Actually she isn't afraid of much. Maybe spiders. And public speaking. And reaching the bottom of a tub of ice cream and realizing there's no more left. Other than that, she's completely oblivious to what's going on around her and to her.

Over the course of their project, they learn things about each other-and themselves-that they didn't know before.

Cast of Characters

Laney Rubia -  Laney is one of the main protagonists of the story. She's a Chinese American, 17, loves to skateboard and watch horror movies but love punk music even more. Her sarcastic sense of humor often gets her in trouble at school but she's more inclined to start a fight and end one before using her smart mouth instead.

Nora "The Nerd" Lovegood -  Nora is another protagonist of the story. Also 17, she's American who loves to talk to anyone and everyone, even if they don't want to talk to her. She enjoys reading books and writing fanfiction. Though she's usually perky and upbeat, she hides what she's truly feeling from others so that they won't worry about her. She's the main target for bullying at her school.

Joshua Lee -  Laney's older half brother. He's 30 years old. Kind and caring, he loves his little sister and would give her the world if he could. In the story you'll see him dealing with some unknown struggle that Laney eventually learns about.

Anya Lee -  Wife of Josh. She's a nurse and used to be a dancer.

Jesse Lee -  Two year old son of Josh and Anya Lee. He loves mac and cheese

Robert Lee -  Father of Joshua and Laney. In his early 60's, he's a lawyer getting ready to retire. He's also an alcoholic. He too is struggling with something that is unknown to Laney.

Sam Greene -  Laney's best friend. Plays the keyboard in a band that's constantly changing their name. He's gay and has a new crush every week.

Art Clemens -  The cool band/theater teacher everyone loves. He's always dropping some major life lessons onto Laney. Owns a cool motorcycle.

*There are many other characters you'll meet but these are the main ones that you'll see throughout the story*

At the beginning of (almost) every chapter there will be a song that I picked for the "soundtrack". A banner video will be provided of the song so you can give it a listen as you read along.

I'm hoping that this book will be my ticket to getting published. It's been a dream of mine since I was a child to be a published author and I would be beyond proud if this book became a part of making that dream become a reality.

Feedback is highly recommended. Let me know what you think! Don't be a silent reader. By commenting, it'll motivate me to keep going and help me stay on track.

Share this story with everyone! If you think this story is pretty rad, feel free to pass it on to a friend or family member so they can get in on the adventure too.

And finally: THANK YOU FOR READING.

Enjoy the story!