1.0 I Don't Care

(Paul's dad, Simon Leonard Jackson)
-----------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Paul"

Why do I have to see Everett first thing in the morning? Awkward. The reason for my nonstop weekend drama is waiting for me in front of my locker. I'm so lucky.

"Sup"

Everett is smiling from ear to ear and its killing me. Maybe something good happened to him because of his new guy. I'm not the reason for his smile.

"Hmm, so is there something you want to tell me?"

Everett looks so shocked by my question, obviously.

"There is but it's not the right time"

Not the right time. Damn

"Okay"

"Paul, you don't look too well"

I know. I didn't even match my outfit and comb my hair. I look bad, not terrible.

"I'm fine"

I can live through this,it's just a crush that will fade away in time.

"Hey boys"

Good the duo is here. Thank God they're always together.

Seb  and Nick are inseparable with each other. Wherever Seb  is , expect to see Nick.  They are a good fit for each other like the Yin and Yang. Different but almost the same.

"Guys"

" Everett good to see you  bro"

Nick is wiggling his eyebrows for Everett to see. I'm sure that these two will confront Everett about the guy that they saw him with.

"What?"

"We knew about your secret"

Seb said with a proud look on his face. He looks like a kid who found the jar of cookies in the kitchen  where his mom is hiding it. LOL

"What?"

Everett immediately looks at me like it has something to do with me.

"We saw you with a guy,dude"
"Huh?"

Everett sounds like he doesn't know anything about it. It seems like he can't comprehend the message behind Seb's words.

"Y'kow, umbrella, flirting and shit"

What are these 4 pics,1 word. Can't they just be straightforward about it? Wow. Coming from me. The hypocrisy is too much.

"Ah! Okay, but I think there is a misunderstanding"

I imagined Everett with a light bulb above his head because of his look. It's like he's been enlightened with everything.

" He's just a coworker"

It's time for me to get shocked.

"When did you start working?"

"Remember Paul, it's been two weeks since Everett has been MIA"

Nick said with a stern look in his face. He wanted to look serious and matured, but he just looks like an idiot.

"Ah, okay"

" I didn't know that its going to rain and he just did a favor for me"

Thank God, everything is clear now. I just wasted two days moping around.

"Prrrrrrr"

Oh shit it's time for my first class

"Bye guys"

Everett and I walk together to class.

"Uhmm, Paul"

"What we're going to be late for history? Shit"

Our history teacher loves to humiliate  late students. I don't want that to happen to me.

"Can we talk after class?"
"Sure"

I don't know why Everett looks so shy and cute. It's unfair.

"Paul, hurry up"

I walk side by side with Everett Swan

I don't care anymore if we're going to be late for history

What's important right now is Everett's warm hands holding my now sweating hands

Nothing matters anymore.