.03 Good night

(Thomas-Brodi Sangster as Sebastian 'Seb' Nathaniels)
----------------------------------------------------

"We're here"

I look outside and see that we're already parked in front of my house. After Everett kissed me on my forehead, we stop talking and settled to an awkward silence between us.

I don't know why we are acting like this. It's just a simple, innocent kiss on the forehead. What's the big deal. We're making a big deal out of it. But I know, deep inside of me that it is.

We don't even bother to strike a conversation with each other, and just listen to the music coming from the radio.

It's just a 10 minute drive anyway

"Thank you,uhmmm.. I better go"

I quickly remove my seatbelt and turn in the direction of the car door to step outside. But Everett suddenly pulled my shoulders to face him.

He lifted my chin so that we're staring straight to each other.

" I'm sorry if that,y'know makes you uncomfortable "

Of course he's referring to the kiss.

I noticed the hurt that flashed in his eyes and I can't resist the urge to comfort him.

So I give him a hug.

"It's fine, don't be stupid"

I pat his back and we stayed in that position. I savor the moment that I have Everett Swan on my arms because after this

it's back to normal,

it's back to the way it was.

"You scared me, I thought my 'gayness' disgust you"

He looks into my eyes and gave me a bitter smile.

"No,never... You just take me by surprise" I shake my head to point out that it's impossible to happen, and it affects me opposite of what he thinks. Well, he doesn't need to know that.

We remove our hold to each other and I can't stop myself from smiling. The once awkward silence is replaced by this comforting silence between us.

It makes me feel satisfied and happy.

"I'm glad" he said, breaking the silence.

"For what?" I asks curiously

"Your smile,like the one you gave me earlier in Seb's room, it's back and........it's beautiful"

I see the way he hesitated before he said that. It sounds so honest and so sincere that I can't help the blush that creeps to my cheeks.

Everett Swan

Such a killer.

"Thanks? Now, for real, I better get going"

He gave me a nod of approval. I stepped out of Everett's car and start walking towards our door.

"Paul"

Everett called out to me, I turn around to look at his face. I waited for him to continue speaking.

"Goodnight" he gave me a sweet smile that can surely melt a young girl's heart.

Even mine, I guess.

"Night" I shyly replied to him.

He starts the engine of the car and drive out of our lot.

"A good night,indeed" I whispered to myself and enjoy the rest of the evening thinking about Everett Swan.