Chapter 21

Emily POV

I wake up to an empty bed. I look around the bedroom and see that Alison already got dressed and showered because there's steam coming from the bathroom slightly.

I shower, dress, then make my way downstairs, seeing Alison drinking coffee and grading papers.

"Hey," I greet and kiss her cheek but she turns her head slightly, "I'm working."

"Al come on-" "I'm working, Emily." She barely looks up at me through her glasses and Charlotte comes out of the laundry room, "clothes are in the wash."

"Dishes," Alison says and points at the sink and dishwasher.

Charlotte sighs and nods, "okay."

I grab the coffee and pour myself a cup, then sit next to Alison, "can we talk?"

"Nope. Working."

I close my eyes and hold my forehead, "Alison how many times do I have to tell you that we had nothing to do with what happened last night?"

"And how many times will you feed me that story, expecting me to believe you?" She doesn't bother to look up at me and I'm glad she didn't because I am sure I look guilty as hell.

"Alison-" "Em," Charlotte says and nods me over.

I sigh and stand up, then walk over to Charlotte who glances at me as she does the dishes, "look just let her calm down then tell her again later. Eventually she'll believe you."

I glance at my girlfriend and sigh, whispering, "what if she finds out?"

"She won't. We'll get her to believe us." Charlotte finishes emptying the dishwasher and now starts filling it.

"Look. Forget your relationship drama and focus on our jobs. We have 3 clients today-" "I know. I'll get Denny and Carmelo for the afternoon and night. You have Ryland right?"

She nods and after finishing she turns to Alison, "I finished Als."

Alison sighs, "sit."

Charlotte glances at me and sits down at the table, playing with her hands and Alison clears her throat, looking at me now.

"You too."

"Me? Why me-" "Sit."

I roll my eyes and sit down at the table, Alison looking between both of us. I'm on her right and Charlotte on her left.

"Now. You two understand why I am upset?"

"Because we came home late without calling."

"And someone died at the party last night," Charlotte finished for me and Alison nods, "yes. My job is to look after you two. And that little stunt you pulled last night left me calling both of you 10 times. I was worried sick."

Amanda comes down the stairs and doesn't say a word, knowing something has gone wrong. She grabs cereal and sits on the couch, the TV volume low.

"Alison-" "No, Emily. You promised me no cops. And there were. Whether it was because of you two-" "it wasn't! Okay? Alison it wasn't us." I beg her to believe me and in my mind I am praying she buys it.

Her blue eyes burn into my skull, "Emily-" "Alison. We made you a promise. Charlotte and I had nothing to do with that kid's death."

"Where did the drugs come from? Who was selling?" She raises an eyebrow quizzically and I shrug, "it was a Halloween party babe. Even if we saw the person selling there's no guarantee that we know who it is. Everyone was wearing a costume."

She stares at me, then Charlotte and sighs, "I was worried that you two got hurt. I was mad because you didn't answer my calls, making me think that you two died from being high off of God knows what too. I just...if I lose you two...I wouldn't know what to do with myself. You both are all I have left now." 

The last part she whispers, not letting Amanda hear but I grab her hand, "you won't lose us. We're here Alison. Always."

"And forever," she finishes, her eyes watery as she looks up at Charlotte, smiling as she grabs her hand.

"I'm sorry for not believing you. I know you're a good person Char. You too Em." She smiles at me and brushes my cheek with her hand, then swipes my hair behind my ear, smiling as she looks at me adoringly.

Once she looks away I close my eyes, feeling guiltier than ever.

"I love you," Charlotte says to Alison and they hug, Alison saying the words back before Charlotte nods, "I'll give you two space."

She walks to Amanda and Alison looks at me, "I'm sorry."

"No. I am. I should've called. I'm sorry for freaking you out. You shouldn't have gone through that. I promise next time we'll call. It's my fault."

Alison smiles, "thank you. I just...I love you so much Emily and if anything were to happen to you or Charlo-" "Nothing will happen. I promise. I love you too."

I kiss her and stand up, "I have to go out for a little bit but I'll see you later, okay?"

She nods, "okay. Love you."

"Always in my heart," I wink at her and grab my keys, "see ya loser." I slap Charlotte's head and smile at Amanda, "bye sweetheart." I blow her a kiss and leave the house, driving to the bridge and pull over, then get out.

I see Denny waiting so I walk down and reach in my pocket, "you got my order?" He asks and I shrug, "depends. You have my money?"

He sighs and pulls out his wallet, handing me $200. I hand him the 4 bags and grin, "see you next month my man." I pat his shoulder and walk away, making my way to see Carmelo and I sell to him for $150, then stop at a flower shoppe to buy a bouquet of roses for my girl.

By the time I get back home Alison is playing Wii with Amanda and laughing their asses off while doing so.

Charlotte is doing homework and she looks up at me, raising her eyebrows, and I text her,

$350 for today

She grins and winks at me, and Alison smiles, "hey baby."

"Hey," I peck her lips and mess up Amanda's hair before I pull the roses out from behind my back and Alison gasps, "aw Ems, they're beautiful. What's the occasion?"

I shrug, "must there be an occasion to bring my girl flowers?"

Her cheeks redden before she puts them in a vase, then cups my cheeks, kissing me, "I love you."

"Mmm I love you more."

+++++++++++++++

Will Alison find out the truth?

How will she take it if she does?

What do you think will happen next?

What do you want to happen next?

Review and Comment!

~Stay Fearless~

Caleigh <13