Chapter 11

Emily POV

I want to go after her but if I did they'd question me like crazy.

"Hey Em! Come on we're going to the movies," Charlotte says and I turn to her, Noel, Hanna, Paige and Aria. "Sorry. I'm coming."

I took my phone out and texted Alison.

We won't be gone long. Just going to the movies and hanging out. I'll see you with Charlotte for dinner alright? Promise.

It delivered and I knew she had read receipts but she didn't read it yet so I followed our group outside into Charlotte's car.

Alison POV

I groaned when I read Emily's text message, then replied with Sure. See you later.

I put my phone down but it starts ringing. I frown and look at it, expecting it to be Emily but my frown only grows in confusion when I realize it's my mother. My mother?

I answer it and gulp, "h-hello?"

"Alison?"

My eyes blur as tears fill them up.

"Mom?"

"Hi sweetheart."

I intake oxygen sharply as I hear my mother's voice for the first time in 5 years. "W-why are you calling? If I may ask."

"Well I wanted to hear my daughter's voice. I miss you. We both do."

I look down at a picture from my high school graduation. I bite my lip, "you too...how is she?"

"She's fine. Happy and healthy."

I gulp and nod. "And how is...him?"

My mother scoffs, "Alison you can call him by his actual name. Peter and I are great. We are both happy with Amanda but she keeps asking about her older siblings you know."

"Mother-" "Alison please. I love you so much."

"You cheated on dad with my best friend's father! Behind everyone's back and had a kid."

"Alison. I want you to meet your little sister. She's really an amazing 12 year old girl. She's smart and has the most amazing blue eyes and brown hair. She reminds me a lot of you, you know-" "stop it. Please."

I close my eyes and sigh, "why are you calling? Didn't you understand when I said I never wanted to see you again? Spencer meant it when she said it to Peter and I meant it as well. You left Charlotte when Dad was bullying her for being who she is! You left us all alone with him. And I left for college but Charlotte had to suffer through his constant abuse!"

"I know you're mad and I understand that but-" "NO! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT JESSICA! YOU ABANDONED US! AND FOR ANOTHER FAMILY! You have no right to try and come into my life now. Goodbye." "No Alison wait-" I hangup before she can respond.

My eyes graze over the furniture in my house and I suddenly have the need to break all of it. She lived here. This is all her stuff. She touched it.

I look at a picture of Charlotte and I when we were younger.

"What's wrong Lottie?" I say calmly as I approach my younger sister who was crying on the floor of her bedroom. She wipes her eyes but more tears come and go. "Daddy hates me sissy."

I bite my lip as I stare down at my 7 year old sister. She shouldn't have to deal with this. She got her surgery to feel better about herself and now our father is tearing her down about it. "He doesn't hate you. He just...doesn't understand yet."