Part 1: It's Okay

"Deep breath, just take a deep breath" I tell myself as I exit the elevator and make my way down the hallway towards Ariana's apartment. It's late at night, thankfully I have a key so I won't have to wake her up. The events of what transpired tonight play back in my head on a continuous loop. I can't believe what happened, I don't understand what happened, or even what's going to happen next. My hands feel clammy as I wipe the sweat from my forehead, it feels like my hearts about to beat out of my chest, I'm nervous, but I don't even know what for. It feels like my soul has left my body, my mind is running a thousand miles per second till suddenly I'm pulled back in as my body comes to a sudden stop. Right in front of her doorway, the door that I've entered a thousand times before, it's like my body's on autopilot and knows what to do, unlike me. I try to ease up, I just have to calm down, there's nothing else that I can do tonight but get some rest. I take one last deep breath as I reach in my back pocket and pull out my keys. I quietly open the door to the apartment and make my way inside, tiptoeing, to avoid making too much noise, before trying to slowly close the door behind in. I decide to grab a glass of water before bed and head for the kitchen when I notice the light there is already on. That's odd, Ariana never leaves that light on, unless of course- Oh crap, she must be awake.

As if on cue I see the shadow of my small, beautiful girlfriend make her way out of the kitchen. I wonder what she's doing up so late till I remember that she's been having trouble falling asleep this week. I look up at her as we lock eyes and she smiles and I try to do the same but my mind is racing so fast I can't tell what the expression my face is making. "Hey" I say gently as she walks up to me. She lightly grabs onto the arm of my leather jacket as she reaches up to give me a kiss. I try and kiss back, I try to act like everything's fine, she deserves it. I think about how much easier it would be to not have to face her, or at least not right now, not tonight. She's so gentle and kind, so smart and so sweet, life has a funny way of bringing up emotions at the wrong time. I'm once again disrupted from my train of thought as I feel Ariana pull away, I look down at her face. She's still smiling but this time it's different. It's much weaker, and her eyes are hard to read.

"I can taste her lipstick" she says quietly, she's still holding on to me, our lips still just inches away from each others. I could have sworn I just heard my heart fall out of my body. But it's still there, just like the smile on her face, though it starts to fade a little bit with every fleeting moment. I scramble to try and figure out what to say but it all comes out in one big stutter before she interrupts to speak again. "It's okay Ricky, I don't care" she whispers before releasing her grip on me and heading for the bedroom.

Hey guys, I know that's a short chapter (I can guarantee you they will get much, much longer), but that's how I want to start the story. And it hopefully gives more people time to come online and see that I'm back. 

I also wanted to post a little snippet from my last story here in case you need a reminder why Harry and Ari broke up last time. Basically, Ari's finds out Harry slept with Kendall on their yacht trip which triggers her into realising how much it hurts her when he lies. She thinks her feelings for Harry felt too intense and she wanted something less passionate and nerve wracking.

Lost Company (Part 38: Things Hidden)

"Ariana come on please don't get upset" he says as he follows me.

"Don't get upset? Harry I spent New Year's crying over you while you were having sex with Kendall! And you told me you never truly cared about her and that you were still not over me and you were miserable without me! That was complete bullshit wasn't it? If you didn't care about her like you said you did you would be trying your best to avoid her which would be pretty easy on vacation because you could literally, I don't know... GO OUTSIDE! Don't say you were thinking about me when all you were doing was having sex with her and you were probably having a lot of fun, I mean it's not like Kendall ever noticed you were upset or anything. Harry how could you" I say as I feel tears begin to stream down my face.