26

PICTURE- BLAKE'S MUM

Dad was up, ready and packed. He was meant to go to work but said he wouldn't be up for it, but apparently he is.

"Dad? You don't need to go in today," I spoke, rubbing my eyes.

"I don't want to just stay indoors all day and mope around, I need to get out there. I need to finish the job your mother and I didn't get to finish. I will be gone for a month max."

"Are you sure? It's too soon dad, I think you should..."

"I know what's right Riles. I won't be long and once this is finished I shouldn't have to stay away for long periods of time anymore." He gave me an envelope with money in to keep me and Joe actually alive (too soon?) and then kissed my head, grabbing his suitcase and closing the door behind him.

This all happened so quickly and it's too early in the morning so I don't actually know what is going on right now but I'm just gonna go with it. House to my, ourselves for another month. I'm cool with that. I phoned Joe to explain to him what had happened and he was just as shocked as me.

"I'll be home soon if you want me to?" He asked,

"No, it's fine. Blake'll probably come over in a bit anyway so I'll be fine." I responded with.

"Okay, see you later." We exchanged our goodbyes and almost as quickly as dad leaving, Joe had hung up.

I then called Blake but he was talking to me the longest of them all. "I'll be right over." Was the last thing I heard before I got changed into another pair of pajamas, just so that I seemed more hygienic. The doorbell rang and I hopped down each step. I opened the door with a smile which was immediately smacked off my face,

"Tyler?" I questioned if I was seeing correctly.

"Hi Riley, I know I shouldn't be here but, these are for you," He handed me flowers, "Sorry about your mum, she was a lovely lady." I took the flowers and smiled a little.

"Thanks Tyler." We said goodbye and I put the flowers in a vase and added them to the collection of flowers in the kitchen, honestly need to buy some more vases. There was a second door bell and I presumed it was Blake so once again, hopped to the door and opened it with a smile. This time the smile wasn't smacked off but instead greeted with another one. Blake, and next to him an older lady, holding a plate.

"You must be the famous Riley I've heard so much about." I smiled.

"That would be me," I laughed. Blake threw his head back and moaned, the lady then hit his arm.

"Blake it is rude to moan in front of people." This made me laugh as I opened the door further,

"What you like to come in?" I offered. The lady agreed and followed me into the kitchen while Blake closed the door and stood shaking his head at me. I sat onto a stool and she joined me, not long after so did Blake.

"Blake has told me not much about you a part from you being his girlfriend and I thought I'd come along to ensure that you were real." I smiled, standing up and walking over to the kettle.

"100% real." I joked.

"Well I bought you over this brownies as a gift and, Riley, I'm so so sorry to hear about your mother." I placed a tea bag into a cup,

"Thank you so much." I took the plate, placing the brownies onto a stand and putting them in the center of where we were sitting, allowing us easy access to grab one.

"Oh how rude of me, I'm Lana." She smiled.

I returned the smile and then thought for a moment. "You say you're rude yet I just realised that I didn't even ask if you wanted a cup of tea," We laughed, "And look at the state of me."

"That's fine, dear. Tea is my favorite. I'll have two sugars if you don't mind."

"Of course." I put the two sugars, milk and boiling water in, removed the tea bag and then handed her the cup.

We spoke for about half an hour, discussing our interests, embarrassing Blake, etc.

"Okay mum I think it's about time you get going." He interrupted.

I looked between the both of them and she looked at both of us.

"Okay. Sorry to intrude." I walked her out to the porch, "Well it was lovely meeting you Riley and I hope to see you again soon.

"Bye." I waved.

I stood on the porch for another moment before a hand gripped my wrist and pulled me back into the house. Before I knew it I was against a wall and Blake's lips were colliding with mine. "You don't understand how much self control it took to not do this while she was here." He smiled, his forehead touching mine.

"Blake Haynes are you trying to tell me that you were trying to get rid of your mother for a long while." I mocked.

"Yes, Riley Cook, I was." I pushed onto my lips again and then hugged me, "How you feeling today gorgeous?" I explained about dad and Joe staying at Matt's and he smirked at me.

"What?" I smiled.

"So you have the house to yourself?" He smiled. I nodded. He approached me, biting his lip.