TRUTH

TRUTH

"Please don't tell anyone what I told you." Sophie pleaded him.

Nick's brows furrowed as he looked at her like she was crazy.

"Are you out of your mind? You would be free once you told them the truth. You deserve better."

"I can't. She will kill him." she whispered to herself but he heard.

"Who will kill whom?"

"My step mother. She will kill him."

"Whom are you talking about?" Nick was curious to know the whole story.

"My baby brother. She has him. She threatened me to kill him if I tell this to anyone." Sophie sobbed in her hands.

Nick pulled on his hair and came closer to his cell bars and said,

"Tell me everything, Sophie. What is happening?"

Sophie took a deep breath as she knew there was nothing to hide.

"Brandon. He is my brother. He is seven but Miranda she held him captive. Dad doesn't know about him as they think he died with mom. I tried to save him once but she found us and then hurt both of us. I can't see him getting hurt, he is just a baby." She cried remembering her only remained family.

Nick's heart clenched hearing her story and he decided to save her brother. Being an Alpha's son, he knew it wouldn't be difficult to enter a territory and he was known for his pranks and mischief so it wasn't hard to get away with a baby or a seven year old boy.

"Don't worry. Kale has a habit of throwing people in cells as punishment and it's like my second home here as I stay here thrice a month normally." Nick said with a chuckle but it was worth as he got a small smile from Sophie.

She stayed silent after that but suddenly Nick said,

"Kale, he has reasons to hate bastards."

Sophie's head shot towards him as she wanted to know more about her mate.

"My father was challenged by his half brother for alpha position. Even though dad won the fight, his brother attacked our pack one night and killed both of my parents. Kale was just thirteen that time but he killed the bastard and became alpha at young age. We lost our family that night because of that bastard."

Sophie shut her eyes tightly knowing it was understandable. Her mate suffered because of him, his behavior was acceptable. But that also meant, she had no chance at all. Her heart ached but then something horrible happened.

Her wolf, who always loathed her because of her status even after knowing the truth, started taking control so she could go to her mate who was closer than before. Her claws came out and she scratched herself. Nick's eyes went wide as he saw this.

"Sophie, what are you doing?" he stood up and ran towards her cell but he couldn't do anything as she was away and they were separated with silver bars.

Sophie looked at him with tear stricken face and shook her head,

"She is taking control."

And then she clawed herself near her heart. Scarlett blood started flowing out of her deep looking wound and Nick started screaming for help. 

Sophie was losing it slowly but Nick's screams kept her sane as she gazed at him.

"Sophie, look at me. Concentrate on my voice and take back the control. I know your wolf is hurting but I promise everything will be alright. Stay with me, please, stay with Me." he literally pleaded her.

It took her everything to take back the control but once she did she fell back on the ground in her own blood.

"You need to get away from here. If you stay this close to your mate, your wolf will kill you slowly." Nick muttered to himself as he went through all the options to sneak her away from the pack.

A part of him was so shocked because of his own behavior. He met this girl a few hours back but now he was ready to do anything for her. He wasn't attracted towards her romantically but more because she was like a mother figure for him. When she talked about her brother, he could sense the worry and love that she felt for her baby bother, the kind of love he was deprived of.

That's when he decided to help her. She did not deserve to stay in this condition but somewhere else where she would be loved and cherished. His decision was made as he stared at her.

----------------------------

Short? Sorry! But on brighter side, I'm working on the next one!