NIGHTMARE

NIGHTMARE

Kale was looking in rare view mirror. His supposed mate was sitting in a window seat of the farthest car, hugging her thin sweater tightly around her. Initially her eyes were wide with some unknown emotion but then nothing. Her face held no expression, she was numb. But still he didn't miss it when she wiped her tears away.

His wolf was in isolation, hating his human with such a passion. The moment was broken when he heard the annoying voice of Lyra, Alpha Starks' daughter.

"I'm so excited to see your house. I can't even imagine how big it would be. Is it true that you are the richest person in this country?"

Kale rolled his eyes. He had nothing to do with her but just because he wanted to respect alpha Stark's wish or more specifically his Luna's wish, he accepted that foul mouthed brat. He saw Beta Reynolds rolling his eyes as well.

"And you really are the strongest alpha out there? I can't believe I'm going to be your Luna!" she sighed dreamily.

"In your dreams..." he muttered.

"You know we can finish mating process tonight itself. I want to be the Luna of the richest pack, god! It would be so cool." She chuckled or more like cackled.

"Will you stop talking? It is giving me a headache." Kale stated and Lyra's whole demeanor changed in a flash as she glared at him,

"That bitch is your mate, right? Well, people would never accept her. She is just a mistake nothing else."

Kale let out a small growl but said nothing.

"What? Cat got your tongue? She deserves to be punished severely for the crime her who** of a mother did."

"Shut up." Kale growled loudly which made her shut up.

Kale's mind again fogged with hatred and anger towards his mate.

Sophie opened her eyes but was embraced by darkness. She couldn't see anything and started to panic. Her hands searched the floor she was on but there was just dirt and soil nothing else. She took few calming breaths and slowly her vision cleared. But what she saw broke her even more. She was in a cell; a dark cell with no one surrounding it.

Her heart started beating wildly again but she realized it was her fate. Nobody wanted to see her happy, her mate hated her, she had no family, nothing as they said maybe even moon goddess made a mistake. Tears were streaming down her face but at least it was better than seeing the mate who doesn't want you.

She slowly wiped her tears away and pushed herself towards the wall. Her wolf was going crazy. They never talked to each other. Her wolf blamed her for everything so it was another mistake made by moon goddess. Sophie tried to talk to her wolf but as always she didn't replied. She never felt this lonely before but now everything was ruined. 

Kale sighed as his mind went back to his mate, the girl he put in cells because according to him, she was a disgrace. Lyra tried everything to please him but he didn't crack. Finally she had enough as she barged into his room.