"I'll get to that" Mom scolded "Patience is a virtue Rhys, you should get some"

Dad snickered and I shot him a look

"Nico was only suppose to be in town for a month to help situate the rouge problems on your grandfather's land. Nico's pack was stationed primarily in Greece, with a few member scattered around here and there. When he met Carrie, his mate, he ended up staying in the town permanently. They married as soon as Carrie finished college and were temporarily staying in the old Pack House a mile from here until their new house was done with some much needed renovations"

"During that time, Carrie found out she was pregnant and the renovations took much longer than expected. She ended up giving birth to their son in the pack house"

"Did something happen to the child, health wise? I mean, if she carried her child to full term without any complications than why isn't he listed on my reports with the other children?"

Mom started tearing up "After their son was born, a pack of Hunters and rouge wolves attacked Our Pack"

"Nico and I fought our hardest to keep them away from your mother, Carrie, and her baby but nothing worked. For every ten we killed, twenty more would pop up"

Dad winced "One of the hunters shot Nico with something that took him down immediately. He was knocked out for 2 weeks"

"I tried to protect her but they hit me over the head with one of their weapons. The last thing I saw before I went unconscious was Carrie fighting off three wolves" Mom sobbed "The next thing I knew, your father was pulling me and Carrie out of the burning house"

"The lit the house on fire?"

Dad nodded "We're lucky you weren't there Rhys. I don't know if I could forgive myself if I lost you or your mother"

"Where was I?"

"You were at Nana and Papa's house. They've been bugging me about seeing you and something told me to let them babysit you for an hour. I'm glad I listened to my gut feeling"

"And what happened to the baby?"

A stray tear fell down my father's face "I wasn't able to get to the baby in time. I was fighting one wolf while another wolf held on to the baby. Right before I killed the wolf, the one holding the baby jumped into the fire. Ending both of their lives"

My mouth widened in shock and my heart mourned for Kassi and her family.

"A couple of days after the fire was completely put out and it was safe to go in the house, we confirmed that the first born son of Nicolay and Carrie Dimitriou was dead"

"Are you sure it was him? Maybe..."

Dad shook his head "It was him. He was the only baby present at the time"

"How do you know?" I asked, my mind whirling with different possibilities "I mean Hunters are deceitful. Maybe they might have set everything up? I mean, think about it. What would be the motive behind killing the son of the most powerful Alpha in the world? If they were smart, they would have at least kept the kid for ransom or raised it as one of their own"

"Honey..." Mom said quietly "Don't you think we thought about that? Before Carrie became pregnant again, both her and Nico would spend any waking moment they had searching for leads about the attack. They never gave up hope. I don't think they every accepted the fact that their child was gone"

I sighed

Maybe I was just reading too much into the situation. I was over analyzing a situation I didn't even have most of the facts for.

"What was the child's name? Where was he buried? As an Alpha, I would like to honor the Royal Heir and brother of my Mate"

Mom starting crying and Dad gave me a proud yet sad smile "Nico and Carrie thought that it was best for his ashes to be spread in Greece, where his wolf ancestry came from. And as for his name, they never shared it with anyone"

"Anyone? Surely they had to..."

Mom shook her head "No, they didn't tell anyone. Not even Nico's family or Pack. I think it was their way of protecting him, even if he was no longer with us"

I was about to ask more questions when the phone on my desk started ringing.

"Hello?" I asked in annoyance "This better be important"

"Alpha" The Pack Nurse said in excitement "The Betas are waking up!"