Chapter 30

~Kyouko's POV~

"So you work as a waitress now?" Makoto asked Reina. After our encounter in the bathroom, I took Reina back to my table and the three of us began to chat.

"Yep, I gotta help my parents pay the bills some how," she said. Makoto nodded and decided to call over another waiter to get our orders. "Shouldn't you be working?" I asked, not looking at her. Just because I felt bad for her, it doesn't mean I'm gonna be friendly with her. "My break is usually around this time," She replied. 

I nodded and looked outside the cafe. "So Reina, what happened after we left?" Makoto asked casually. Makoto didn't have anything against the girls really but she knew if they messed with me again, she could snap their necks without any hesitation. 

"Well, a few months later they finished up rebuilding the school. We finished up school and graduated." She said. "I see. I'm guessing you're still close with the others?" Makoto asked, glancing towards me. I let out a small scoff and rolled my eyes. "Yes actually. I was planning to meet up with them for dinner." She said.

"Really now? Kyouko maybe you should go with them to catch up on things," Makoto said and looked towards me. I glared at Makoto and growled quietly then glanced over to Reina who had hope in her eyes. "Sorry, I already have plans tonight," I said and crossed my arms while leaning back in my seat. Reina frowned and looked down at her lap. Makoto sighed and nodded, "If that's the case. Then it can't be helped."

Eventually, Reina's break was over and she went back to work. Makoto and I ate our food in silence until I spoke up. "What the fuck was that? Why did want me to go have dinner with those fuckers?" I growled quietly at her. "Kyouko, you need to let this go. It's been years ever since that has happened. Kyouko, you can always find other girls out there. There are plenty of wonderful girls to pick from. It doesn't have to be just them." She replied calmly. "That's easy for you to say. You never had people you had crushes over break your heart and see you as a monster." I hissed.

She remained her calm gaze and spoke softly. "Kyouko, you're angry. And I understand.  But remember, people can change over a period of time. You need to let this go. Be the mature one in the situation. This a thing between you and them, I can't get involved into this Kyouko. You have to fight your own battles." She said. Makoto got up from her seat and left cash on the table. "I'll be around town looking for possible spots the phantoms might be in. Finish up your food and relax a bit. Meet me back at my place after sunset. If not, text or call me." Makoto told me and left.

I watched as she got into her car and drove off. I sighed and slumped into my seat. "Stupid Makoto. Trying to be some old ass peacemaker." I grumbled and ate the rest of my food. I felt someone staring at me from the counter as I ate. I glanced over to see Reina staring at me nervously while her cheeks were slightly pink. She was gripping her other arm nervously while another employee was trying to shake her out of her trance. I chugged down my drink and got up. 

Reina snaps out of her trance and quickly goes over to me. "S-So Kyouko, where are you gonna go now?" She stuttered. "How am I suppose to know? I might walk around town and see what's new." I said and took out some money as a tip then left it on the table. 

"You know that you don't have to leave that much money as a tip right?" She said, looking at a ¥5,000 up at me. "I know. But how else are you gonna help pay the bills for your parents?" I asked and walked out.

I stretched a bit while walking down the street to the school. I looked at the school which was much bigger before it was destroyed. I watched as students walked around and laughed with each other. It was nice to see the new students enjoy themselves. I smiled as I walked away from the school to other places in the town.