Chapter 28

~Kyouko's POV~

I've been feeling better ever since that day. Today was the last day Makoto was staying and I still haven't gotten my answer. She leaves at sunset. She hasn't pestered me about it or tried to pressure me to go. Instead, she would come by and ask how I was doing and if she could help with anything.

I haven't seen the girls or Haruhiko either. I need to talk to the girls. Even if they didn't want to talk to me. 

The school was shut down until further notice. They plan to rebuild it and clean up everything. I was surprised when no one blamed me for what had happened. They believed it was a shape shifting phantom that tried to mimic as me. But I never said anything about it due to the fear that everyone might hate me. 

I went to the park to clear my head. I rested on the grass as I watched kids play and their parents talk. I sighed and stared up at the clouds. All I want is live a normal and happy life with friends and family. Is that so hard to ask for? 

I looked down at my hand. A small flicker of black flame form in the palm of my hand. I clutched my hand into a fist making it disappear. I heard familiar voices talking in the distance. I looked up to see Mai, Koito, and Reina chatting while walking. I gulped nervously and got up. This was my chance.

I went over to them and stood in front of them. They stopped talking and stared at me. I stared back at them hoping that they would say something. Their eyes were filled with something I couldn't read. Their faces were nearly expressionless. "Kyouko," Koito said blankly. I smiled slightly hoping she might smile back. She didn't. I stopped smiling and looked down.

"Look. I want to know why you're avoiding me." I said. "Because you're dangerous." Mai simply replied. I shot my head up and looked at them with disbelief. "Bu-But I never hurt you!" I stuttered. "That's a lie," Reina said. "I didn't! It was the evil part of me." I said. 

I began to explain everything to them but even after that, they still believed I'm evil. "You tricked us Kyouko. You lied. We thought you actually cared about us." Koito sounded hurt. I gritted my teeth and glared at them. "You lied. Then you keep secrets away from us. Then you hurt us. What more do you want from us?!" Mai yelled. I kept quiet, trying to hold back my tears and anger. 

My love for them started slowly turning to hatred. "We shouldn't of have fallen for you. Haruhiko treated us better than you ever did." Reina said, not even looking at me in the eyes anymore.

"You know what!" I yelled in their faces. They stared at me with slight shock by my sudden outburst. "I'm done with your bullshit! I loved you! I was willing to protect you from everything even myself! Yea I didn't tell you because I was afraid! Afraid of rejection and fear of you hating and being scared of me! And like you haven't kept secrets before!" I yelled. 

Koito was about to fight back but I growled at her. "You have no rights to fucking talk your bullshit sentences. If I wanted to hurt you, I could of months ago! But I didn't because you three meant too much to me. You were the reasons why I could wake up in the morning and not be depressed! I loved all three of you more than just friends. I never would want to hurt any of you physically or emotionally! But instead, you hurt me in return. After all, I have done for you, this is how you repay me. By hurting my emotions and telling me off as if I'm some kind of monster!" 

The three of them stared at me, not knowing what to say. By now tears were forming in my eyes as my voice was on the edge of cracking up from crying. "Go ahead! Be with Haruhiko. You've always liked him more than I do. Go ahead and date a lying bitch who've lied to me since the day I've joined his fucking family." I yelled with tears streaming down my cheeks.

Reina stepped forward and tried to reach out to comfort me but I slapped her hand away. Her eyes widen as guilt and realization hit her. "Don't fucking touch me," I snarled at them and wiped my eyes. "I hate you. I hate Reina. I hate Mai. And I hate Koito. I hate all three of you. I hate everyone in this fucking town. I wish I never came here. I wish I never met any of you!" I cried.

What I said was true. I hated them now. They saw me as a monster for someone that wasn't me. They didn't even want to get near me until I approached them. They didn't see me as the Kyouko they thought they knew. They saw the real Kyouko and they hated it. 

I gritted my teeth to hold back more tears and wiped my eyes dry with my sleeve. I glared at them with hatred as their eyes began to slowly fill up with guilt. 

"Wo-Wolfie please...." Mai said. Her voice was cracking as she was holding back tears and the softness of her voice came back. The softness that I used to love and now hate. "Don't you even dare to call me with your fucking little nicknames," I growled. 

I turned my back on them and said, "I only came to see you for one reason and one reason only. To say goodbye." Right then and there. I made up my mind. 

"Go-Goodbye? Goodbye for what?" Reina asked slightly panicked. I didn't reply and walked away with my teeth gritting. Not from holding back tears now. But from the idea how they hated me just minutes ago until they realized they were wrong and try to act innocent. I heard them call me back but it only made me walk faster away from them until I couldn't hear their voices anymore.

-------------

I was sitting on Makoto's front porch. I was waiting for her to come outside since her car was already parked outside with the engine on and her trunk was opened. I heard the door open to reveal Makoto. "Kyouko you came!" She said happily. Her voice flooded out the hatred I had from before as relief and happiness filled my mind. "Why wouldn't I be?" I got up and looked at her. 

She smiled and went over to her car with her luggage. "Came to say goodbye?" She asked while putting her things away in the trunk. "No, I'm coming with you," I said. She closed the trunk and looked at me with disbelief. "Really? Are you coming with me? But what about your friends?" She asked. "What friends?" I replied blankly. She frowned realizing what I meant and pulled me into a hug. " Oh sis. Don't worry about it alright. I'll be here for you from now on. Do you have anything to pack?" She asked. I shook my head and pulled away. "I came to this town with nothing but money." I shrugged. She nodded and got in the car.

I got into the passenger seat and buckled up. "I'm glad you're coming along," Makoto said smiling. I smiled back and leaned against my seat. "I wouldn't miss it," I chuckled. She began to drive down the road. I watched as signs and houses past by me. "Do they know you're leaving?" She asked, her eyes not leaving the road. I replied with a simple no and stared out my window. She didn't ask anything else and continued driving quietly. The town was quiet and the street lights were on now. I saw lights inside the houses as the shined brightly. Sometimes we would stop at stoplights and I would see families happily eating dinner together from the window.

I felt jealous of them. How they looked so happy together. How some people had it easy for them. What about me? What about Makoto? Or everyone else with a rough life? Why can't we have happy and simple lives like those people? That's a thought I always run through my head. Why? Why is life so difficult for some of us but yet the rest of us have it so easy going?

I watched the sign that said that we were leaving town past by me. I stuck my head out the window and looked behind me. I watched the town I grew up in and came back to shrink away from my sight. Slowly but surely, I watched as the town move further and further till no part of it was left.

This is going to be another fresh start. And I don't attend to wreck this up like the others. Not again. I've suffered enough.