Chapter 23

~Kyouko's POV~

"Well, Kyouko, who is she?" Koito asked again with coldness and venom in her voice. Before I could answer, Makoto spoke up. "I'm Makoto. You guys must be Kyouko's friends." She said her arm around my shoulders. Mai was glaring at the arm she had around me. I gulped nervously and tugged on Makoto's sleeve. "Let's go," I said, feeling nervous under their glares. 

Makoto frowned and looked down at me. I glanced up at the girls to see them glaring at us still. "Well alright then. It was nice meeting you ladies." Makoto said. She was about to leave until she saw Haruhiko. Her gaze hardened as her ears twitch. "You're Haruhiko aren't you?" She growled. Haruhiko looked at her surprised and gave her a suspicious look. "Yea. How do you know me?" He said. "Come on Makoto. We're leaving," I said, pulling her along. She glared at him and stayed in the same spot. 

"I know what your family is hiding from Kyouko," She said. Everything went silent as Haruhiko's eyes widened even more. "I-I don't know what you're talking about," He said. "Don't act stupid. I know what kind of shit you're fucking hiding. And I know that you're a part of it too." She snapped. I sighed and tugged Makoto away by the back of her shirt.

I pulled her back to the car and made her get in. I got into the passenger seat and glared at her. "What the fuck was that about?" I hissed at her. "I'm sorry! I got pissed! I know that he knows about you!" Makoto defended herself. I sighed and leaned back in the seat. "Look Kyouko. I'm really sorry about it okay..." She said sadly. I looked at her and smiled, "It's alright Makoto." She gave me a smile and nodded.

She drove off and we headed back to her house. For the past several days, I've been avoiding the girls and Haruhiko. They haven't tried to text or call me either. I was kinda upset but I had no right to get upset. Makoto has been encouraging me to talk to them again but I kept declining. 

"Look Kyouko. You can't avoid them forever. They're your friends." Makoto said. I sighed and stared out the window. "I don't want to though," I simply replied. Makoto glared and smacked me on the back of my head. "What about your friend huh? The one you live with? You left without any warning! You're gonna worry her!" She said. I stayed quiet and hugged my knees. "They don't care about what happened to me. They never even bothered to call or text me." I said quietly. She sighed and hugged me and stroked my hair comforting. "I know it seems like they don't care but they truly do." She said.

I looked up at her unsure but she only gave me a reassuring smile. I smiled back and nodded, "Alright, I'll talk to them okay?" She grinned and ruffled my hair. "Good," She said. I stood up and got dressed to leave. 

I headed back to the apartment Koito and I used to share. I nervously fiddled with my shirt as I slowly approached her door. I sighed and knocked on the door. There wasn't a reply at first and I thought no one was at home. I was about to leave but the door opened slightly. I saw from the slightly opened door was Koito's beautiful red eyes. Her eyes widen and the door swung open. She jumped into my arms and wrapped her arms around my neck. My eyes widen as I wrapped my arms around her waist, catching her. 

"Kyouko, I missed you so much!" She cried. I felt her tears soak my shirt as I held her close. "Hey don't cry Koito. I'm here now. I'm sorry I ignored you all this time." I said. I rubbed her back comfortingly as I gently swayed her side to side. Her cries began to calm down as she sniffled softly. I carried her back inside and sat down with her on the couch. 

She got on my lap and snuggled up against me. I blushed and wrapped my arms around her. Her body relaxed against me and she rested her head on my collarbone. I rubbed her back as a soft smile was on her face. I smiled and kissed her forehead causing her to hum slightly. "You must be tired huh?" I chuckled. She nodded and snuggled closer.