Chapter 5

~Kyouko's POV~

"Hello again brother," I said. I looked at my brother, his eyes wide with disbelief and shock. I looked behind him to see four girls. The three of them were really pretty and the fourth one looked kinda like a little puppy. But that isn't the problem right now. My brother then moved his eyes to the top of my head to see a pair of wolf ears. "Wh-what....." He said quietly while his eyes widened even more. I sighed and twitched my wolf ears in annoyance. "I can explain later," I said.

"No," He simply replied. I looked at him confused about his answer. "No?" I asked. "No, you won't be able to explain later. Because you're leaving. And now." He said sternly. What he said made my heart hurt, in pain and in anger. "What is that suppose to mean?" I replied back, my wolf ears flatten a little in anger. "Haruhiko, it's best not to start a fight with this stranger," The black-haired girl said. "She's not a stranger. She's my sister. Well, ex-sister." He said with his voice full of venom.

The girls looked at him with wide eyes then they looked at me. "But you look nothing like her," The girl with red hair said. "She looks more like my dad." He simply replied.

"What are you even doing here? I thought you left for good. At least I wish you did anyways." He said coldly, turning his head. His words were like knives, every word pierced through my heart. "I wanted to come back home. Come back to my baby brother." I said sadly. He growled and stomped up to me then grabbed me by my shirt collar. "I'm not your baby brother anymore. Not ever since you left me. I hate you. I always had and always will. Stay away from me and my friends. You know what, just leave this town and never come back!" He yelled in my face. I stared at him with my eyes widen with shock. I never imagine that he would say things like that.

"Please, let me ex-" Before I could finish, my head flew left and I felt a stinging feeling on my right cheek. I almost felt the tears sting my eyes but nothing came. "Get lost," He said as he shoved me towards the ground.I felt my knees scrap against the cold concrete floor, I felt the blood run down my knees but I didn't care. I looked down at the floor, not looking at any of them. I heard footsteps walk away from me. I listened to the footsteps until the whole factory became silent.

~Haruhiko's POV~

I walked out of the factory with my hands shoved into my pockets. I could still feel the anger boiling in my body as I walked home. When I got home, I got in and locked the door. I didn't want to slam the door since my mom is probably asleep. I realized that Ruru didn't follow me home, she must be at the factory. I didn't care right now, she'll come back home later. I went into my room and flopped onto my bed.

I stared at the ceiling, thinking about my sister. Why did she really come back? Why now? Why would she even bother to come back after what I said to her before? I sighed as I closed my eyes, thinking of about those questions. The moment when I saw my sister, it wasn't just anger I felt, it was relief, sorrow, and an overwhelming feeling of running to her and crying my eyes out. But my anger got the best of me and I hurt her. I felt a pang of regret about hurting her. She looked like she was going to cry or something.

Maybe I should let her back into my life? No. Not yet. She left me in the first place without a good explanation. But she did have the guts to actually come back. I'll give her a chance to prove herself later on. I sighed once more before I let the darkness take over me.

~Kyouko's POV~

I continued to stare at the floor, deep in thought until I felt someone's hand was placed on my shoulder. I looked up to see the blonde girl looking down at me with worry in her eyes. "Are you okay?" She asked. I nodded my head slowly but still unsurely. She held out a hand for me to take, I smiled slightly and took her hand. When I grabbed her hand, I felt a bit of electricity shoot through us. When I stood up, I let go of her hand. "Thank you," I simply said. She smiled at me, making my heart quicken a little. I never felt like this before. "I'm Mai Kawakami. I'm a second-year student at the school in this town." She introduced herself. "Those three are also students. The red-haired girl is named Koito Minase, she's a first-year. The black-haired girl is Reina Izumi, also a first-year. And the smallest one is named Kurumi Kumamakura, she's in elementary." She said as she pointed out each girl. "I'm Kyouko Ichijo. I'm Haruhiko's older sister. Pleasure to meet all of you." I said, bowing.

"There's no need to bow," Reina said nervously. I nodded and stood back up. "What grade are you?" Mai asked. I shrugged, "I don't go to school. I was taught everything my sensei knew. She was my trainer and teacher. But I guess if I'm in school perspective, I would be second-year." A fairy flew towards me and looked me in the eyes. "My name's Ruru! I'm a phantom fairy!" She said happily. My wolf ears twitched curiously. A phantom helping humans? I never saw those kinds before. But I brushed it aside. "How come you have wolf ears?" Koito asked. "I'll tell you guys when I'm ready," I said. She nodded and looked to the side.

"What are you going to do now?" Reina said. I shrugged and looked around the factory. "I don't know. I just came into this town this morning so ya. I might stay at a motel." I replied. "You can stay at my place until you get your own. I live by myself anyways." Mai said. "Thank you. I hope I'm not a bother." I said. She shook her head and smiled, "Don't worry about it! It kinda gets lonely at my place so having some company will be fun."

"Let's head home now. Reina's parents probably are getting worried or something," Koito said, adjusting her headphones. We nodded and I led them out of the factory. We got to the bus stop and said our goodbyes. I followed Mai home and we started chatting.

Once we got to her house, she made dinner while I took a shower. Once I came out, we ate and she took a bath while I washed the dishes. Once we were done, we went to sleep. Mai set a sleeping bag in her room so I wouldn't sleep outside in the living room alone. I crawled into the sleeping bag and closed my eyes. "Thanks for letting me stay here." I said. "No problem. Hey Kyouko, do you plan to go to school with me and the girls?" She said. I shrugged and answered, "I don't know. Maybe." "Okay. Goodnight Kyouko," She said. "Goodnight," I replied, closing my eyes and falling into a dreamless sleep.