Chapter 20

~Kyouko's POV~

I quietly left the apartment and made my way down the street. I glanced around and kept aware of my surroundings. It's been two days ever since I received the note. It was almost midnight and I was heading to my school. I couldn't focus or sleep well over the past two days because of this. I needed to know who this was and why they did this. 

I arrived at my school and looked around to see if the person who sent the note could be around. 'How am I gonna get up on the roof?' I thought. I walked around the school to see if I could find any way to get up there. I finally saw an opened window and squeezed myself through there. Once I got inside and dusts myself off and walked down the halls of the school. I need to go up the stairs to get to the roof. 

I walked through the school quietly with my ears perked on alert. I heard a footstep behind me causing me to turn around quickly and my defense high. I growled when I saw no one behind me. There wasn't even a scent. I swore there was someone behind me. I sighed frustrated and continued on my way. 

I finally reached the rooftop and looked around the empty roof. "Alright bitch where are you?!" I snarled. I growled and waited for anyone to come out. My ears perked up when I heard soft footsteps coming towards me. 

A tall figure came out of the shadows. They were wearing a blue navy cloak with the hood on. The only thing that was showing were the metal boots they were wearing. How could I not hear them?! They were wearing metal boots! They must have been really stealthy for me not to hear them walking around with metal boots. "I thought you wouldn't come, Kyouko," The voice said. the voice was raspy like mine but had a deeper tone to it. The voice that sent a slight chill down my spine.

"What the hell do you want? How do you know me?" I snapped. The voice chuckled and walked closer. I clutched my hands into fists and let it engulf in black flames. "I said what do you want?!" I repeated. "I see you finally got your powers." They said. What the hell do they mean? "Look bitch. If you're not gonna tell me who you are and why you're here, I'll beat you up!" I threatened. "I like to see you try," They challenged.

I growled loudly and ran towards her quickly and punches her. But what happened after that, shocked me. My flames were supposed to be untouchable, no one should be able to touch it without getting some kind of injury. But this person caught my fist easily. I saw a smirk from inside their hood and her hand was engulfed with a white light. White lighting bolts came out of her hand and began to travel down my arm. When it finally hit me, it shocked my whole body. I yelled in pain as I tried to tug my hand away. Their grip was too strong and only held onto me tighter.

I kicked them in the guts and pulled my hand away. I panted heavily, trying to regain my breath. The stranger held their stomach and let out a growl. Whoever this was, it wasn't a human. I tried to kick her hard in the stomach but once again, she caught it. She twists my leg making me fall and yelp in pain. I tried to get up but fell back down. The stranger looked down at me as if they were waiting for me to get up. 

I finally got on my feet and felt myself grow weaker and weaker. I continued to throw attacks at them but none of the attacks hit them. They easily dodged every single one and their attacks were still affecting even if I had my defense up.

'There's only one thing I can do' I thought. I took a deep breath and let out a loud howl. The sound ripples ringed through the air towards them. I smirked thinking that I could finally hit them. But then they let out a loud howl themselves. Theirs were much stronger and larger than mine and broke my howl. It caused me to fall back and groan in pain. I didn't bother to get up. No matter what I did, they were a step ahead of me.

"Have you finally given up Kyouko?" They said, walking towards me. "Fuck you," I growled, looking up at them. "Just finish me off already! Didn't you come here to do that?" I snarled. "No. I didn't come to combat with you Kyouko. I came here with a purpose. Not for meaningless fighting." They said. 

They pulled me up on my feet and let me steady myself. I steadied by breathing and looked at them. "Alright fine," I said.

The person grabbed their hood and took it off. The person was a girl with white hair and dark gray eyes like mine. But the thing that made me go in awe was that she had wolf ears like me. She took off the cloak and let it fall to the ground. She had a large sword strapped to her. She wasn't wearing average clothes, but rather more of battle clothes.

"Who the hell are you?"

"My name is Makoto. Makoto Ichijo. After these years of searching everywhere, I finally found you, sister."