XANY

I found my balance in the midst of my friends.

That had always been the case with me, even in school, especially with Ulysses and Leigh Ann. It felt like it was the case this time with these two, even with less than a day that we've been together.

The things that happened today with them seemed to have taken so much for so short a time, something that happened normally, only once in a lifetime.

It seemed so hard to believe that it had to happen to me. I was just a normal student with a normal life. What a crazy thing for me to do a crazy paper.

Now I was standing in front of a somewhat supernatural person, after braving all sorts of challenges in the way. And to top it all off, she was threatening me and the two person I have been indebted my life and existence in the past hours with. Sensei had given me this mission and I have dragged them both to this, they were both my responsibility. The least this woman need was to see me angry.

She chuckled loud enough for me to realize she had read my mind and Mira breathed hard enough for me to realize that I should just clear my mind.

I couldn't helped myself, I blurted out to her, as silently as I could.

"I can't just let her tell us that, whoever she was," I leaned at my right where I knew Mira was.

She exhaled.

I thought, knowing she'd read me - You knew me, there was no point arguing with me.

There was a hint of smile on her lips. I could feel her. And I could feel Kim's tension starting to lessen away.

This was a great start, at least. And I felt my confidence growing, I felt more energy in my body, I felt more energy reverberating from around me. Like there was some sort of radiations bouncing around, intensifying my reflexes, like some three times more than normal. It was a crazy feeling.

Maybe I was crazy too, in some sort of a way.

"You are brave," it was the lady talking, now with her soft voice. It was so soft, it was like a melody of a familiar song.

She smiled, yet it didn't reach her eyes. I should know! I hated it when people do that.

I thought - Of course I am.

She smiled again, this time with a hint of disbelief.

Then I thought - You could think of anything in the world, but that would never be the end of me or my friends. Not after everything that we've been through today.

All of a sudden, I heard a sniff. I knew it was Mira. But I also felt her straightening her stand and raising her chin. I felt Kim looking sideways to her and beginning to stand as she did.

All this time I looked in front of me and all the things that I felt behind me just made me more stronger and even braver.

"But you are ignorant too," she said again with her voice.

She walked a little bit out of the shadow of the globe which rose higher and higher to the top. When it reached the end, the dome was now reflected with even shimmers that it was fully lighted.

When I looked straight into her eyes, I could see her in a whole new light. She might look like an angel but her eyes were sad and her smile a bit menacing. I didn't know why but I sort of pitied her. She sort of reminded me of someone I knew.

Whatever ignorance she was talking about, I wouldn't trade it with the emptiness I was sure she had in her heart.

"It must have been easy to think about these things, descendant, but you are and still, a child. Immature and ungrateful."