COVENANT

I honestly couldn't care less for an Heir, well at least that it was not me.

That was a relief. It had never been an appealing feeling for me to be in the spotlight ever since. It felt uncomfortable.

"According to the Legend," Mira started.

Here goes the legends again, I thought.

"But it turned out to be true," she said, mainly to me. "That an Heir comes to the Empire every 80 years. My mum used to say that Emperor Merin was the best thing that happened to Lemuria until Meia was born."

My forehead crinkled on this.

"She was the most gifted Lemurian in all of Lemuria and Lemurian history. Though nobody knew this for sure."

I guess Sensei knew that.

Mira nodded at me and said, "Yes, perhaps he did."

Kim cleared his throat rather loudly to get Mira's attention. He was not getting it so he couldn't keep up.

"I'm sorry," Mira told him. "Jo here thought that maybe Sensei found out but we never had the chance to, you know, talk about it."

"We never had the chance to talk, period," Kim muttered impatiently.

"Maybe that was why I was here in the first place," Mira shrugged.

"You could say that," he nodded. "And I was here to what? Tour guide you around?"

"To take us around, that's what," she told him. "I was actually the tour guide, literally."

The bickering was on once again. It was much matured. I rolled my eyes.

"And me?"

They both looked at me wide-eyed. I-finally- spoke-thanks-God made both of them sighed hard.

"W-well," Mira stuttered. "Well, you, you're the..."

"You're the leader, what else?" Kim finished for her.

I sniggered.

What leader? 

Mira stood up and came crashing at me in an embrace. And I hugged her back in complete surrender.

Kim followed suit taking both of us in big bear hug.

And it certainly felt home.

Funny, how things had turned out for some strangers. Some came and left forever and some you get to keep and will definitely bear the loss with.

I pulled back and took both their right hands on mine, so that we have this little hand bonfire in our midst.

"I was never good at talks like these," I quipped. "But thank you."

I cleared my throat.

"Thank you for coming with me."

"And thank you for coming for me."

We all turned our heads. It was Meia. She was sitting at the loveseat, looking at us.

She looked immaculate. Her white hair glowed in the dark and her eyes were shining.

This was the old version of the angel-like persona I first met.

"My Lady," Mira breathed hard. She let go and bowed at her.

Meia nodded her head slightly but she kept her eye contact with her. She moved very minimally and her smile was very demure. She acted very regally.