SENSIBILITIES

It did shut me up. We were high up, the view was amazing.

I blinked twice, to make sure that it was real. Then found it funny considering all that had happened this morning.

I looked around and at the top of one nearby wall there were three clocks.

Home showed 9:00 am still.

It seemed, it was either we didn't move at all or we traveled really fast.

"If I'm not mistaken, you are a Lemurian, just like me," he said, still in his poker face.

I nodded as it dawned on me, his gift was this, traveling in an instant.

"You're quite right, you are," he confirmed my thoughts. "My gift is teleporting."

Did he just read my mind?

I walked a bit away as I shrugged, the sights of downtown Hongkong revealing some untold uncertainties.

Should I just trust him?

"You knew about these things?" I looked back and asked him. "How?"

"My whole family do," he said matter-of-factly, like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Don't you?"

How would I know? Would I even bother to ask so much if I did?

Nevermind!

I shook my head and looked at the horizon again. I breathed long and hard.

This confusion was taking its toll on me. And meeting somebody like him, which was not certainly in the plan, was too much. I have tried to think that everything will just be okay, that for a while, it may all be a dream. But then, here was someone who made these all the more real.

"Here," he said.

I looked behind me and saw on his outstretched hand a croissant.

It smelled good. I gawked at him, not knowing what to say.

"Breakfast first," he said offering the bread.

For the first time this morning, my face broke into a big smile. I took the bread.

"Thanks for the bread," I said and felt a little uncomfortable.

He smirked. "This way," he said leading me to an alfresco table for two.

"Who are you again?" He already said his name, didn't he?

"It's you who haven't said your name yet, really," he said, again with that accent. I didn't really know if it was impressive or just downright annoying with that face that didn't show much.

"Jo," I said, sitting down.

"Jo? What Jo?"

"My name," I said impatiently. "And you?"

"Just Jo?" he asked raising his right brow.

"Joana, sometimes Joan. Joana Dela Cruz actually. But yes, just Jo."

"That was a handful," he said nodding. "Just Jo is enough, I guess."

I crinkled my forehead thinking, What? But I thought, we'll never end something if I didn't move on to the topic, the real topic.

"So what's your name?"

"Kim Kai Xiong" he answered. "Or Kai."

"Ok, Kim." I said, now on my serious mode, ignoring his rolling eyes. "Where were we?" I asked as I swallowed the last bit.