Jim's POV

Finally finished wrapping up some more of the leftover cases I've had piling up my desk. I felt a burden on my chest ever since I've now become a member of the 'Court of Owls'. I can't seem to escape the feeling no matter how much work I try to give myself in order to get rid of the anxiety for even just a second. I signed my name off on the document and closed the file, packed my bags, and got ready to hit the road. My heart was heavy with worry, but I had to make an attempt to cover it up to prevent any suspicion from anyone. I went to go tell Harvey I was heading home for the night.

"Goodnight Harvey!"

"Heading out?"

"Yeah, just finished a few files that were laying on my desk. How was (Y/N)? Did she behave while I was out doing my investigation?"

Harvey awkwardly stumbled on his words, "Uhh, Yup. She uh, sure did buddy." He walked over and gave me an anxious smile.

"What? did she do something while I was out?"

"Pff!! Noo!! She was silent most of the time, nearly forgot she was there!" He giggled a little

Harvey trying to cover something up was definitely something to laugh about, I went along with it, "Alright Harvey, take care."

"Goodnight man! Keep an eye on (Y/N), she's as crazy as you are!"

I raised an eyebrow at Harvey and left the building along with (Y/N).

(Y/N)'s POV- 7:24 PM

My uncle Jim sighed and placed his briefcase on the floor, dangling his car keys on the little hook attached to the cabinet. I walked over to the kitchen, where I knew he would be headed for , with my arms crossed, and my feet planted firmly on the ground.

He walked in, deeply confused, "Everything alright?"

"Not really." I spat out.

"Well maybe we can talk about it."

"Uhh huh." I was giving him the same amount of sass he was giving me earlier except a little bit more spicey.

He pulled up a chair and plopped down on the wooden seat.

"What's this all-"

I couldn't keep it in anymore, I HAD to confess what I saw.

"YOU JOINED THE COURT OF OWLS?"

"SHH!" He exclaimed,

"How could you do this to me? You constantly put yourself at risk.. IN DANGER! and now you're apart of this organization, that does heaven knows WHAT AND-"

"How did you find out about this?" Jim interrupted,

"I followed you."

"(y/n) you know you're not supposed to be doing that! I already told you the things I do are extremely dangerous and can put you at harm."

"Well you left me no choice, you were acting all suspicious lately and you wouldn't tell me what was up! So I had to find out."

"(Y/N) I never want you at the GCPD ever again, do you understand me? " his voice turned stern

"WHAT?!"

"I don't want you getting yourself in complex situations, this family has enough problems of its own!"

"BUT-"

"If you even think about stepping foot in the GCPD, I will ground you! IS THAT CLEAR?"

I flared my nostrils from pure frustration, clenching my teeth, "I don't understand why you're not even letting me go to the GCPD anymore when YOU'RE THE ONE who shouldn't even be in there IN THE FIRST PLACE! YOU'RE THE ONE PUTTING YOURSELF IN THESE COMPLEX SITUATIONS. YOU'RE THE ONE PLAYING THIS DANGEROUS GAME!" I balled up my fingers into a tight fist, and ran to my room. Closing the door softly, then sprang onto my bed, hoping that I'd fall asleep fast to temporarily escape life's problems and travel to a world of my imagination.

☁︎ ☆☁︎ ☾ ☁︎☆ ☁︎

A/N-

QOTD: Favorite Movie?

I WATCHED SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING AND OH MY GOODNESS I FLIPPING LOVED EVERY SECOND OF THE MOVIE! IT MADE ME LAUGH, FANGIRL, EVERYTHING IT WAS JUST AMAZING... AND WONDER WOMAN IS ALSO MY FAVVVEEEE YUSSS!!! Seriously considering being Wonder Woman for Halloween and DIY-ing the whole costume because I want to get one that looks similar to the one Gal Gadot wore in the movie but those are TOOOO expensive, and I was like YEAHHH NOOOoo...

A/N- HELLOOOOO!!! I'M BACK!!! YUSSSS!! READY TO WRITE MORE CHAPTERS THAN EVER BEFORE!! I CANNOT WAIT TO SHARE THESE UPCOMING CHAPTER WITH YOU!! LOVE YOU ALLLLL!!! <3