Tea Time

Lee's Dining Room~ 4:56 PM~ (Y/N) POV
Jervis gave us assigned seats at the table as if we were back in Kindergarten. I sat directly across from Lee. Silverware and a few fine china pieces were laid in front of me. My eyes trailed along the table, until I stumbled upon an empty seat. Aligned with the seat was an open card labeled with my uncles name. Jim Gordon. Why wasn't I surprised. He's popular in Gotham...and not for good reasons. The door flew open, and out came my uncle Jim! WHOHOO! Maybe the GCPD would come out in a little bit  and let us go! Although I had some anxiety I tried to keep my cool. Just a few more minutes (Y/N) I told myself... just a few more...minutes. My breathing was turning into hyperventilating... I couldn't help it! Anxiety can do that to people.... AT THE WORST POSSIBLE TIMES!!

"Look everyone our guest of honor has arrived!! James Gordon please place your gun on the plate provided by my assistant-" My uncle Jim was hesitant at first, but realized he wasn't about to test Jervis, so he placed his gun slowly on the platter. "Take a seat where your name plate has been laid." My uncle Jim followed orders and sat down in the chair. "Sorry the China is so.. uh.. ugly. It wouldn't be my first choice of China. I expected more from you Leslie" Jervis remarked, "Now let's take a toast! A toast to life!" Jervis raised his teacup as his henchmen poured tea or something in our glasses. No way was I drinking what this fool was giving us. "I'm not" Lee said sternly. "Me neither." I mimicked Lee. "I will." Jim brought his teacup to his face, extended his arm in a toast, and drank from the cup.

WHAT ON EARTH WAS HE THINKIN'? WAS I SURE I WAS RELATED TO THIS MAN?! WHAT THE...

Jervis seemed a tad bothered that neither Lee or I drank from our cups but needless to say I could have cared less what he thought.... All I was wanting to do was get the heck outta there!

As my uncle took one sip, he looked over to me with my head down to my lap, rocking back and forth like a baby in my chair. He knew I've been dealing with anxiety ever since I was younger. His arm went down on the table, "It'll be okay." I raised my head back up at him, noticing he had been directing this comment to Lee and I.  It was comforting in a way and I felt gratitude for him telling me that in the moment. "OH stop it Jim- trying to comfort them won't help in this situation".  Jim slid back in his chair, just as uncomfortable as every sane person at this table.

"Now tell me Jervis." My uncle questioned, "Are you doing this to get revenge on me for your sister Alice Tetch? Why would you blame me for something that's your fault?  What's the whole point behind this-"

"BECAUSE JAMES- I'M HERE TO SHOW YOU AND EXPOSE YOU FOR WHO YOU TRULY ARE. I ASKED FOR ONE THING. TO FIND MY SISTER AND YOU FIND HER AND LET HER GO WHEN I SPECIFICALLY TOLD YOU TO RETURN HER TO ME. YOU LOST THE PERSON I LOVED MOST IN MY LIFE. I CANNOT GO THROUGH LIFE WITHOUT MY-"

 I CANNOT GO THROUGH LIFE WITHOUT MY-"