14

They weren't in the cabin anymore.

It was morning, and Kristen just woke up. She got out of warm bed and looked out of the large window. The fores was so good looking. She could hear the early birds already quarreling over spilt peas that Jake put out last night.
She went down stairs.
All three men were downstairs, they each looked like the Michelin man. Jesse was wearing his puffiest coat and his blue beanie. Ryan and Name both had a Finnish branded coat with thick layers under, although Ryan was wearing what looked like a unicorn hat. It was light outside, but only now did Kristen notice it was raining, quite heavily as well.

It turn out, Jake wanted to take them to a traveling circus. Not even kidding.

He had spotted a poster for this popular contemporary  Swedish-American circus company without animals that had a show on this weekend. The show had acrobats and special popcorn, so of course Jake got the tickets. What else would you expect of an impulsive man like him, to check the weather before buying four non-refundable tickets and forgot to check he had to pay 30% more for some added cost.

It was such very much an impulse buy. But that's Jake. Random and a seeker of distractions. And fond of treacle-lingonberry popcorn.

So off to the circus they went, in a camped rage rover in the midst of a spring storm.