12

It was cold. Of course it was, as you would expect spring in Scandinavia.
The turbines were still running and there was a brisk wind in the airport, so Kristen pulled up her jacket collar and walked closer to Jesse. Jake lead the way into the Stockholm airport among dozens of other passengers.
Once in, it was warm and nice.
This was the like fourth time Kristen's ever been on a plane, and the second time in a week. She's just feeling the jet lag from the first flight now.

It had been a few hours, but they finally got to Täby, a municipal near the capital. They arrived at a modern apartment building surrounded by a park. They're were Swedish posters along bins and notice boards, and a generally nice atmosphere.

"Ahh! Jake - we've missed you so much!"
A woman, about Jesse's parents age, stepped out of the arch way. They were in the living room. Jake and the woman continued to talked for a bit in Swedish, and then pecked each other's cheeks. She was his mum, a radiating blond with the same face as Jake's sister, who greeted her brother with enthusiasm. His sister Maggie, mother and father as well as their obese cat were all fond to see Jake back home, and treated Jesse and Kristen greatly, offering them sweets and food. Jake's mother was curious to what two American high schoolers are doing in Sweden, in the middle of term. Kristen said she'd dropped out and Jesse's just on a break.
It felt completely different in Europe than the US, Kristen thought, as she sipped some coffee while listening to Jake tell his family about other family in Switzerland. The air was much clearer, and crisper, at least that's the illusion that Kristen is, under from all the imagery of fresh mountains and the low pollution in these countries.
She also found that people are a lot thinner here than at home.

Time also seemed to past quicker, soon the sun had gone under again and then the two Americans found themselves back in a car and on the way to another destination. Although this time, the carpool party consisted not only of Kristen, Jesse and Jake, but two other surprise guests.
Before they left, Jake got a big surprise to see his best friend and husband, who burst through the door and thoroughly surprised everyone, with his sudden appearance as well as the fact that he was wearing some sort of superhero costume, shouting "surprise honey!"

They were the highway now. Kristen and Jesse sat in the back seats, seatbelts on and phones out, while in the from seat, Jake was laughing so hard he might just crash his second hand range rover. And on the passenger side was Ryan, the surpriser, who was telling a story about his Canadian grandmother's endeavors in Ohio, which were pretty funny.
The car was moving at great speeds and for once the highway wasn't jammed with vehicles. The four arrived after a few hours of driving at a large woods, and they parked up next to a cabin.
This was Jake's cousin's old holiday house, which the gave to him after they moved to Germany. The four went into the cabin, and claimed their rooms as well as finally relax.
Kristen took the small single room next to Jesse's, and placed her bags under the bed and on the desk by the large window. It overlooked a square of the forest as the cabin was on a slope and a small patch of the sky. Jesse took the large guest bedroom while Jake and Ryan obviously shared the largest one. If felt like a dream to Kristen. To be honest, she would rather have been on the wrong plane than to actually go to Thailand. After meeting Jake's family and seeing the Nordic views, it all made her feel so happy. She felt really lucky even to have been invited along with Jesse to stay at Jake's cabin. It was a rash decision from Ryan who suggested he and Jake take them to the cabin and chill out. Of course, Jesse and Kristen jumped at the opportunity.

Jesse was excited to see his favorite half cousin and to meet his husband, while Kristen was just excited to be there. It was great.