Few hours later...

I sighed to myself as my mind went blank. In most days, ideas would flow smoothly out of my brain like a waterfall. But in some days, my mind would just shut itself off. I stood up and grabbed my coffee mug to refill it yet again. Suddenly my phone rang out of nowhere, startling me a little bit.

"Hey babe, everything okay?" I asked, making my way towards the kitchen and poured myself another cup of coffee. "Hey Shawn, uh, it's (Y/B/N)." I knitted my eyebrows in confusion. "(Y/B/N)? Is everything okay? Where's (Y/N)?"

"Well, it's nothing serious but, (Y/N) got drunk. And I offered to drive her back to your place but she keeps saying no and that she only goes with you and you only." She said. As if on cue, I heard my lovely girlfriend's voice in the background. 'Noooo I don't talk with strangers, Shawn will be maaad. I only go with Shawn. (Y/B/N)! Is that Shawn?'

(Y/B/N) sighed. I can imagine her shaking her head in disbelief. "Your girlfriend's extremely loyal when she's drunk Mendes." She added, making me laugh. "Okay, okay. Just bring her outside, or at least try to, I'm on my way." She mumbled a quick okay and hung up. I grabbed my keys and drove back to where I dropped (Y/N) off a few hours ago.

I pulled over in front of the house and saw my girlfriend barely standing up, (Y/B/N) keeping her on her feet as much as she can. I got out of the car and hurriedly walk towards them. "Thank goodness you're here! Now take your girlfriend." She exclaimed, relief washing over her face.

"Nooo! I said I don' gooo with strangers!" (Y/N) slurred. "That's Shawn you idiot." (Y/B/N) rolled her eyes, shoving (Y/N) playfully towards me. "Shawn? Where?" she mumbled, searching in every direction, she stumbled and fell forward, my arms quick to catch her. I chuckled wrapping my arms around her waist and tried my best to keep her feet under her, "I'm here babe." She looked up and stared at me for a moment, her eyes squinting as if she can't see clearly. "Are ya suuuure you're Shawn?" She asked, jabbing a finger on my chest.

"I swear Shawn; she only drank beer and nothing more. I didn't give her drugs." (Y/B/N) raised her hands defensively. "Yeah, I know. Alcohol affects her a lot, more than the average person to be exact." I chuckled.

"Ayyee! Are you guys talkin' 'bout me?" (Y/N) cut me off angrily, her eyebrows knit together, eyes closed. "Don't worry; I'll take care of her from here. Thank you." I gave (Y/B/N) a smile in which she gladly returned. She turned on her heel and went back inside the house.

"Now, let's get you home." I said, slinging her arm over my shoulder, mine wrapping around her waist to try and support her. "I said nooo. I don't talk to strangers! I only go with Shawn ya understand that mister?" she took her hand off me making her lose her balance, her upper half slumping towards the ground. "Whoa okay, careful." I grabbed her arm and placed it back over my shoulder; I hooked my other arm behind her knees and carried her bridal style.

"Why are you carrying me human? I have legs ya know. And I saaaid I only go with Shawn!" She said, softly punching my chest with her tiny hands, the alcohol draining all her strength from her body. I shook my head laughing. "It is me babe. I'm Shawn." She buried her face on my chest and mumbled, "Hmm, you do smell like Shawn." She pulled away a little and looked at me maliciously, "But how would I know it's the real Shawn and not a clone huh?" I burst out laughing. I have no idea where all of this is coming from. (Y/N) has always been an imaginative kind of girl maybe all the alcohol heightened up her brain somehow, or maybe even fogging up her senses, making me unrecognizable in her eyes. I don't really know what's gotten into her, but I know for a fact that this is the alcohol talking all these nonsense. But this just proved my point on why I trust her so much. Most people make their mistake when they're drunk because alcohol takes away your ability to think straight. My girl on the other hand is different.