chapter 13 - daddy

Start from the beginning

"Of course you can come with me, beautiful. But you have to go change, I don't want anyone seeing you dressed like that."

"Dressed like what? I have clothes under this robe, ya know." I say, slipping the robe off my body.  He bites onto his bottom lip, his eyes slowly traveling down my body.

"Not enough clothes." He heavily implies, sitting back on the couch.

I lower my eyes at him, "I have on a tank top and pajama shorts." He raises his brows, playing with the keys.

"Change." He demands, his tone changing serious now.

"Whatever you say, bossy Betty."  I grumble, making my way up the stairs and into my room. I knew I didn't have enough clothes on. But I just like arguing with people, sometimes.

I changed my clothes and made it downstairs. My stomach was growling like a caged lion.

"That's cute." He comments on my clothing. I playfully roll my eyes and open the door, walking to his car.

By the time we bought the milk, I lost my appetite on cereal. I know, I'm not loyal to Fruity Pebbles. We stopped by to this small restaurant, that wasn't very popular or heard of, but we were hungry.

It ended up being really good. I got regular tomato sauce spaghetti, because I'm basic. Cameron got this really thick broccoli spaghetti.

"This is actually pretty good

"This is actually pretty good." I dance, cleaning some sauce that fell onto my lips with my napkin.

"Yes it is. We might've discovered something, that nobody else has." He was right. The restaurant was completely empty. When we walked in, the waitress looked stunned.

Cameron's eyes begin to water and he rubs his eyes, grunting in pain.

"Are you crying?" I ask him. He shakes his head, removing his hand. His eyes were red and watery. The last time I saw him like that, was when he cried on my roof.

"I think someone might be cutting onions." Cameron murmurs under his breath, squinting his eyes.

"You are for sure, the jealous type. You are crying an ocean, Cameron." 

He looks at me confused,  "Jealous? Because the onion made me cry?"

I smile, "It's something my grandmother would tell me when I was little. It was dumb I'm sorry."  He shook his head, leaning into the table.