chapter 2 - sunday

claudia // sunday

-

Everyone left, the living room was a complete mess. There was plastic cups, paper plates filled with ranch and half ate pizza. Great.

I had at least 30 minutes to clean this mess. Mom will be back from her speech class and she would be upset to see all of this, and of course like always I get in trouble for it. Not Gio of course.

I ran back and forth to the kitchen, cleaning up after these animals.

"Claudia, I'm hungry!" Lulu whines, pulling on my hoodie. I brush off my crazy baby hairs and sigh.

"I know Lulu-"

"Claudia! Why aren't all my soccer clothes washed! You know I have a tournament tomorrow!" Gio screams, running down the stairs, with a basket full of dirty, smelly clothes.

"Oh my gosh! You go wash your own clothes! I always do everything for you. You're 17, I am sure you can handle washing your own clothes, Gio." He groans loudly and stomps to the laundry room.

I roll my eyes. He is such a brat.

"What do you want me to make you?" I ask Lulu, bringing her over to the kitchen. She pats her finger on her lip, which was what she did when she was thinking.

"What's that black thing, right there?" She points at my cast.

"Remember I fell while playing soccer?"

"Oh yeah! I remember. Oh and I want mac & cheese." She says, with a huge smile on her face.

"Are you sure you want mac & cheese? What about those enchiladas mom made last night, you don't want that?" She gasps and jumps up and down.

"Yes, yes! Enchiladas!" I smile and grab the enchiladas from the refrigerator and stick them into the oven. 

She climbs onto the high chair, reaching out for a napkin as she places it on her thigh. I smile waiting till the enchiladas heated in the oven. Once I started to smell the rich breeze of enchiladas I turn around, taking the enchiladas out of the oven. I grab her Barbie plate and place two enchiladas on it, sliding the plate in front of her.

I hand her a fork and a knife.

"What do you want to drink?"

Gio groans and walks into the kitchen.

"I need help, I don't know what I'm doing." I ignore him and wait for Lulu to respond to the question I had asked her.

"Chocolate milk." She responds, shortly after shoving a piece of enchilada in her small mouth. I walk over to the cabinets, scanning through everything.

"Claudia, okay. I am sorry, for you having to clean up the mess, I should have done it." I grasp the container of powdered chocolate.

"It's not about me having to pick up your mess, Gio. It's about me always having to do everything for you. Just because you're older, it doesn't mean I should be tossed around like a toy." I say, while I dip two spoonfuls of chocolate powder into a glass of milk.

"I understand. I will try to not be so demanding. I just really need you to wash these clothes. I have an important soccer tournament and you know that. Please just do this, for me." I place the cool glass of milk next to Lulu's plate.

I hesitate, gathering Lulu's hair into my hands, tying her hair up into a ponytail.

"Fine."

He smiles, cheek to cheek.

"Thank you so much!" He shrieks and begins running up the stairs.

"Love you!" He says and slams the door shut of his room. Suddenly, the sound of keys are heard. I turn around and see my mom placing her bag on the coffee table.

"Mom." I smile, while she walks over to the kitchen.

"Hi mommy." Lulu mutters, since her mouth was full of food. She laughs at my sister and grasps my hands.

"Thank you for taking care of your sister."

"No need to thank me. Are you hungry, do you want me to serve you some enchiladas, they're still warm." She takes out a clip from her hair, as all her hair falls upon her shoulders.

"No, I'm fine. After speech class I was invited to coffee. I am full! But I am very tired, I'll be heading to bed. Lock up, okay?" I nod, placing my hands together. She kisses Lulu's forehead and begins walking up the stairs.

Lulu yawns, after finishing her glass of milk.

"You sleepy?" I ask her, placing my hand onto her shoulder. She nods, while looking up at me. I open my arms, with a smile on my face.

-

this was a very short chapter, but i will soon publish the next chapter either today or tomorrow, to make up for the short chapter.

hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

small thoughts from unknown people:

i know i romanticize a lot of things but one day i'm going to go on a vacation with the love of my life and eat tropical fruits somewhere beautiful. i'm going to wear a sheer dress and there will be no stress.