chapter 11 - sushi babe

claudia// sushi babe

I had mixed emotions.
The first emotion I had was, excitement and happiness. My stomach did small flips, going crazy. But I paused my first emotion, falling into my second emotion, which was confusion and pettiness.

After what seemed like a good three minutes. I pulled my thoughts together.

me : hey
read   7:56 p.m

cameron : how r u?
read.  7:56 p.m

me: i'm fine
read 7:57 p.m

cameron : i saw you at the mall today with your friend. i called for you, but i guess you didn't hear me.
read 7:57 p.m

It wasn't my mind playing games with me. He did call me. But . . It still didn't change the fact that he was with her.

me : oh i'm sorry, i was feeling sick so i had to leave.
read 7:57 p.m

cameron : are u okay now? you should've told me, i could've taken you home.
read 7:58 p.m

Now you care. My pettiness, was slowly kicking in.

me : i'm fine now. i just haven't been able to sleep recently, just been studying. my mom gave me some tea & i was falling asleep but you texted me.
read 7:58 p.m

cameron : i'm sorry love but jesus cloudy, with no doubt at all you should've asked me to take you home.
read 7:59 p.m

Boys are so dumb sometimes.

me : well you were rather busy. i didn't want to disturb you. anyways, it's not like i didn't have a ride, delilah was with me, she took me home.
read 7:59 p.m

cameron : claudia . why are you acting this way?
read 8:00 p.m

me : i really don't even know! but hey, i need to sleep, bye. x
read 8:00 p.m

Once I sent that message. I smiled, smugly. I had no care of knowing what he replied back. I plugged my phone into my charger and turned it, completely off, so I had no disturbances.

I knew for a fact - Delilah would be proud of me. I fell back into my comfy pillow and drifted off to sleep.

       ____

At my high school, we normally have to be at school at eight o' clock, no more than that. But on Wednesday's, we get to come in at eight - thirty and can be back, later than that, no more later than eight - forty.  

Delilah and I decided to come to a cute restaurant. It was named, Bonqui. They have the most delicious sushi ever. Delilah and I became friends over sushi, it's something that we bond and connect ever.

"Did he really ask, why you were acting that way?" Delilah asks me, scrolling through my messages.

I nod my head, but noticed she was looking at my phone, so she wouldn't of seen me nod my head.