chapter 4 - what the shitz

claudia// what the shitz

"Excuse me, Oliver." I smile at him. He smiles back and walks into the kitchen, to talk to my mom, I assume.

"How are you?" He asks.

"I'm okay?" I respond, which came out more like a question. I just thought it was weird, that he was asking me how I was. Or just talking to me at all, in general. I wasn't use to talking to him.

"Oh well that's good. Hey I just wanted to ask you if you could- just help me with my art assignment. You know the big one that is worth lots of points." He was going to go on, but I stopped him mid sentence.

"Of course I will help you. We will just have to schedule when and what times we will meet to work on the assignment." He seemed relieved after I responded to him.

"Oh that means a lot, thank you." He smiles, gliding his fingers on my shoulder. I smile back and hesitate, walking away from him and back into the kitchen.

Oliver comes out of the kitchen, wrapping his arm around me.

"Everything okay?" He asks. I smile and grip his hand.

"Everything is fine."

-

The door of my room opens, Cameron popping in right after.

"Isn't it past your bed time already?" I roll my eyes, putting my book aside.

He smiles and sits on my bed.

"Would you mind explaining what we have to do for Art class?" I get up and grab my backpack.

"Well it is very simple and maybe if you would pay attention you would know." I say under my breath, taking out my notebook. He chuckles and I sit back down on my bed. I flip through my notebook and feel his burning glaze on me, making me quite nervous.

I fiddled with the pages and tried keeping my breathing steady. He places his hand on my notebook, stopping me from flipping. I feel a small lump on my throat beginning  to form.

"Claudia, breathe." He says. I look up at him and breathe, controlling my self.

"I'm sorry It's just that when its hot, um I get all fiddly and just um nervous. It's hot in here, let me just go turn on the fan."

"Babe, you have a hoodie on. Maybe that's the reason why you're hot. Don't you think?"

I chuckle under my breath.

"Right. I'll take it off later. Um anyways, about the assignment."

"You look flushed, are you sure you're okay. Let's just take this big thing off of you." He leans closer to me, placing his hands under my hoodie, making goosebumps form all over my skin.

My whole body felt burning hot. I tried breathing, as I took a hold of his wrists.

"I don't have anything under this hoodie." I whisper. He moves his hands off of me. The warmth of his hands left my burning body. I was glad they were off of me but at the same time I wanted him to touch me everywhere, every inch of my skin.

"Oh, I'm sorry." He says.

"It's fine." I say, fixing my hoodie. I grab my notebook and inhale a huge deep breath.

I scan my eyes through the notes I had written, which were kind of sloppy, due to me copying them down in a hurry.

"We have to collect leaves. Then paint them, once we paint them, put them on a canvas and make the leaves into something. Like for example a heart or maybe the letter of your first name. We can't use the same colors, well you can, but from my opinion. It's kind of boring, so I'd recommend doing a variety of colors." He stares at me for awhile.

"I don't have any idea what you just said." He mumbles, staring down at my notebook.

"Oh gosh, I was probably talking too fast. You know what I'll just maybe write it down for you."I quickly get up and fetch my sticky notes and a pen.

"Or you can just text me it." He says, taking out his phone.

"Oh, I don't have your number." He smiles and takes the pen and sticky note away from me.

"Which is why I am going to write it down for you." He writes down his number, handing me back the sticky note and the pen.

"I'm going to leave, because you need your goodnight sleep. I'll see you tomorrow at school. Don't forget to text me. Sweet dreams kitten."