chapter 5 - oh what a day

claudia// oh what a day

me: hi

cameron : hello love, what are you doing?

me: uhm, well im sleepy but you told me to text you so..

cameron: go to sleep love.

-

"Beluga whales are migratory. They migrate in group and spend the winter around the Arctic ice cap; when the sea ice melts in summer, they move to warmer river estuaries and coastal areas." Cameron finishes his presentation and stands there, looking at the teacher.

Mrs. Joanna finishes writing down her notes on the notebook she had.

"Cameron I know you got this all from Wikipedia, which I told everyone to specifically not use. It's not a trusted website. I've said this numerous of times throughout the whole semester. The fact that I clearly stated that I wanted facts from the book and you are standing right now in front of me, feeding me all of this copy and pasted work, that is worth almost half of your grade, and that you're in a AP class is ridiculous!"

"I had soccer practice and I didn't have time to do it." He complains. Mrs. Joanna shakes her head and flips to a new page in her notebook.

"I'll speak to your coach about this." Cameron got upset once the words your coach came out of Mrs. Joanna's mouth.

He sat down in his chair and stared off into space. I did feel somewhat bad for him. Okay, I felt really bad for him. I mean all I can see is his sad puppy face.

I put my pencil down and turn around.

"Are you okay?" Cameron awakes from his day dream and stares at me. I hate when people stare at me. I've always felt uncomfortable; are you staring at my imperfections, do I have something on my face? Ugh, I just hate it.

"I'm okay." He responds.

"You know you could talk to her after class. She is very understanding." He sighs and gets closer to me.

"I've been so stressed out lately about soccer that I've lost track into all my classes. My grades are dropping and everything is just falling apart. I'm just tired."

I couldn't help but feel closer to him. He was telling me his problems, personal problems. It's like we are friends now. He trusts me enough to tell me about his personal issues and his feelings.

"Are you still there? Did I lose you?" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at him. I thought quickly and just said what was on my mind.

"Don't give up. You still have loads of time to make up your grades and still maintain yourself in soccer. You have to work hard and try. Life isn't easy. You know what, I can help you with anything you need. I'm here for you. Like your small personal teacher, or tutor whatever it's called." I talked really quickly, which maybe to him just sounded like a whole bunch of bundled up words.

"You would really do that for me, Claudia?"

I smile and shake my head.

"Of course, I would. That's what friends are for." I say, confidently. 

He raises an eyebrow. 

"We are friends now?" He says, looking at me with a small devilish smirk on his lips.

I rolled my eyes and turned back around.

"You're impossible." I mumble and get back to working on my class work.