chapter 8 - never judge a book by its cover

in this chapter, depression will be mentioned, loss of someone close will also be mentioned, if sensitive to this topic you're welcomed to leave.

claudia// never judge a book by its cover

"Buenos días, amor." ( Good morning, love. )
I awake from my sleep. My mom brushes my bangs out of my face and sighs.

"I need to talk to you." She says, placing her hands on her lap. I assume she wanted to talk about what happened last night. I stood up and rubbed my eyes, an attempt to awake myself.

"Okay." I respond, once I'm fully awake.

"I apologize, that I didn't tell you about Cameron. I supposed your brother had told you already, but I saw how you reacted yesterday. So I knew he didn't tell you. I want to-"

The door opens and both my mom and I look up at the door. Cameron stands at the door, his hand wedged onto the wall, supporting his whole weight on it.

"Gloria is downstairs and she wants to speak with you, Ma'am."

He didn't say mom, so I suppose Gloria isn't his mother. My mom looked back at me, squeezing my hand gently and got up, walking out of the room.

I clutched the covers closer to my body. I felt bare, way too bare, for anyone to see me, even my own mother.

He looked exhausted. Not as bad as he looked yesterday, but still on that note. He had on one of my brothers white t-shirts and gray sweatpants. His hair was a birds nest, but it was cute. Even with those bags under his eyes, he still managed to look so good.

"Good morning, lovely." He smiles brightly, ear to ear. I felt those butterflies invade my whole stomach, making me shiver, from the feeling.

"Good morning." I say back to him, trying to ignore the fact that millions of butterflies are attacking my stomach this very second.

"Your brother told me your favorite fruits and I went out to go buy you some. They're in the kitchen, just waiting for you to take a bite out of them." He says, while he walks over to my side of the bed.

"You didn't have to-"  He stops me, mid sentence and pats my head.

"Shh, you don't need to thank me. I know I'm your favorite. Now come downstairs and eat." He says in a more serious tone at the end. I raise a brow, looking at him over my shoulder.

"Please." He says.

I lay back down on my pillows, pulling my blanket closer to my body, covering every inch.

"I will. I just need to change, okay?" I say, closing my eyes and snuggling my head into my pillows.

"How do I know you won't fall asleep again?" He asks me.

"The thing is, I won't fall asleep." I respond. He looks at me, with suspicion written all over his charming face.

"Fine." He says and walks out, closing the door behind him. Once he leaves, I take the blanket off my whole body and breathe. I was burning under that hot thing.

I got up from my bed and stretched till I was satisfied. I opened my silky curtains, the bright light exploding into my room. I put on a black loose top, over my crop top I had on and kept on my pajama shorts. I did my whole morning routine, consisting of washing my face and brushing my teeth.