chapter 1 - the beginning

claudia//7:30 a.m

I arose from my bed. The soft golden glow of the sun on my face. I could smell the blueberry pancakes. I could hear people's laughter tickling my ears. A pure bliss of happiness erupted through me.

I heard two knocks on the door.
"Come in." I say quietly, hoping who ever was knocking heard me. I naturally have a quiet voice.

"Claudia, honey why aren't you dressed?"  She says in her thick Spanish accent.

That was my mom. Her name is Violet. I would say her full name but that would take hundreds of pages to write.

"I just got up." I say politely. She shakes her head and bickers under her breath in Spanish.

"What am I going to do with you? The costumers were asking for you. Since you always greet them at the door when they're arriving." The last bit she says in a more saltier way, with her eyes narrowed down at me. She stood in her signature move. Her right hand on the hip and those intimidating soft brown eyes.

"I'm sorry. I was just caught up with all my homework." I wiggle my toes on my soft white rug and hope she doesn't say anything else triggering.

She intakes a small breath and smiles.

"It's fine, just get ready and be downstairs. I have to go before your brother scares the costumers off." She runs out the door with her black curls swaying back and forth against her back.

I walk over to my mirror, observing my reflection and grasp my comb as I run it through my bangs. I take out my bun from the other night and watch my brown locks fall upon my shoulders.

I didn't necessarily change, that's too much work. I had on my comfortable sports bra and soft shorts. I looked around my bedroom and saw my red jacket folded on my dresser.

I am not confident enough to go out with a sports bra and shorts around lots of people. I'd rather let someone kill me and bury me in a hole. Maybe, that's a little too sinister. But you get the point. When I was younger, I was more on the heavier side and yes I have lost all the weight with loads of work. But I'm still insecure about my body.

I quickly slip on the red jacket, which was somewhat big on me. I zipped it up halfway, because downstairs is pretty hot, due to all the baking.

I place my hand on my gold rose necklace, mentally and physically preparing myself for socializing with people. I quietly turn the knob of my door and peek down stairs. It was full, as usual.

A swift thin air of love and humbleness filled the air in this small bakery. I walk into the kitchen and see my mom stress fully taking out some cupcakes. A smile spreads onto my face and I run to her grabbing the tray of cupcakes.

"Oh, thank you sweetie. It seems like we get more and more people each day." I've never seen her more happier and it truly fills me with joy.

She takes the tray from me and smiles.
"Please do me a favor and check on the costumers to see if they need anything, Luliana is still asleep and your brother is taking orders, please make sure he's not goofing off."

I bobble my head and run into the small bakery.

"Giovanni." He obviously doesn't hear me since he's too busy flirting with the pretty blonde who comes to make out with him in his bedroom.

Giovanni, he is hard to explain. Let's begin with his hair. It's was a beautiful brown color, and it still somewhat is, only that he ruined it by putting blonde highlights in his hair. He has many tattoos, at least that's what I think is many, might not to be as much to other people. He is a lot to handle, as an example his common mood swings, his over protection on me.