Sketchbooks and Confessions

Hoseok POV

Waking up ever so slightly I regained my senses. I heard the television running and there was a strong scent of green apple. My body was sore, the bed I was on grew more uncomfortable with every second I stayed there. It felt narrower though, was I laying on a couch? Yes, the back of it was flush against my back.

I had my legs tangled with something extremely smooth and my arms were wrapped around that same thing. My first instinct was to think that it was Jungkook or Taehyung who got lazy and fell asleep on the couch watching t.v. with me. Honestly not the first or last time that was going to happen.

Then I heard a slightly high pitched whimper and knew that it wasn't one of the boys.

I immediately opened up my eyes and found that I was still in my living room, and the person who I was spooning was Ara. My cheeks began to heat up, but nevertheless I put a huge smile on my face and pulled her closer to me. I snuck my head to hers  so I could get lost in the green apple smell of her hair.

From what I could tell she was still sound asleep, so I let her be. But then my mind began to wander around.

Was I really starting to love her like I told the guys I was? I didn't know.

I knew for certain that I've learned to love certain COMPONENTS of her.

I've learned to love the dimples that pop out all the time when she was around me. Sometimes it was when we either collectively impress her with how hard we'd been working while she was gone, other times it was when it's just the two of us at midnight fooling around with a different style of dance, or when she would be giving me English lessons and I would impress her by knowing the words before she taught me. I also never missed it when Jin told her an awful joke and her face would crunch up and her dimples would pop out.

And the way that she cared for her sisters was unbelievable. I loved it when they would watch our practices and she would involve them too. And how whenever Yuna calls her with a depressing day she would team up with Yoongi to somehow make her laugh.

And I loved how sexy she was in those shorts and sports bra. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her, and I couldn't help my jealousy when Namjoon and Taehyung shamelessly flirted with her. She didn't even see it was happening and that infuriated me.

She was one of the few people who could keep up with my bouncy personality, and throw just as much energy back as I gave her. She knew when she had to be serious, but could also could become the funniest person I knew.

Overall I thought that it was a possibility she was the closest thing to perfection for me.

It's so depressing that something like that had to happen to her. Surprisingly I didn't get the full story from the past employee. (I made sure that he was fired immediately after he threatened her. I just kept my distance for her own safety because he still made it into the building somehow.)

I hadn't heard anything about her rape and it was just as surprising to me as it was to everyone else. And the fact that people blamed her for it happening made me realized just how messed up the rape culture was.

I was, however, aware of how Jason treated her after it happened.

I had to take a huge intake of air to calm myself down.

Why did it have to happen to her out of all people? I guess they say the worst things happen to the best of people. Never have I believed it more than I do now.

But that didn't matter now that I knew her. I would do anything to make sure that she stayed safe, I would become like her body guard whether she liked it or not. It's the only thing I could do to make up for me not meeting her and protecting her years ago.