A Little Too Late | Finale

[Jungkook's POV]

[Jungkook's POV]

I walked towards the bar counter and ordered myself a glass of whiskey. I still don't wan't to go home yet, I don't know what's happening to me but everytime I see my wife, I was reminded of what I did to her life.

I ruined her.

Because of my selfishness, I asked her to ran away with me and got us married.

I was delusional that time. I was determined to prove to our families that I could provide for her and for our future children but as time goes by I was slapped by reality. I realized that I can't achieve it that easy. I worked my ass out for the last six years but nothing has changed. I woke up earlier than the others and slept later than them as well just to get promoted at work. But it's so hard.

Then guilt came. If only I was rational back then. I wouldn't have take away the life Lisa has from her.

Suddenly, a girl approached and started flirting with me breaking my thoughts away. I shouldn't have cared because I'm a married man afterall. But I did. I played along with her tricks and tucked her hair behind her ear and that was the biggest mistake I have ever done.

I felt like someone was watching me so I turned my head just to see her, looking at me. Her eyes full of sadness as tears fall from her eyes continuously.

I was shocked.

Then she turned around and ran away.

I ran after her, calling her name many times but she didn't listened. She continue to ran away from me.

Then I saw it.

I saw a fast-moving car approaching to where she was heading. I called out her name louder, but just the same, she didn't hear or refused to hear it.

I ran faster and faster until I couldn't feel my legs anymore.

*Baaaaaaam!*

I stood rooted on my spot as I saw the car hit my wife. And she lie on the concrete floor, blood oozing from her.

"LISA!!!!" I shouted then ran towards where she is.

I hugged her body close to mine, "L-Lisa... wake up. Wake up!! Please!! Help!! Anyone call for an ambulance, please!! Somebody help my wife!!" I cried out loud as I hold her body.

"L-Lisa... You can't leave me, you hear me?! You can't!!" I sobbed harder.

•••

Minutes later we finally arrived at the hospital. The paramedics pushed Lisa's stretcher from the ambulance and rushed it into the hospital. Doctors and nurses came dashing towards us.