A Little Too Late | Chapter One

•💌•
unedited chapter

•💌•unedited chapter

[Lisa's POV]

I looked out of our home window, waiting for a familiar car to arrive. I looked at the clock hanging on our wall-- 03:47 

He should be here for hours now, what could possibly happen to him? I worriedly thought. 

I rubbed my arms trying to warm myself against the cold weather. I heard a car parked in front of our house then being turned off. I quickly looked out to see him emerged and run my way to open the door for him.

"Yeobo!" I greeted him excitedly but what welcomed me is him walking funnily and a strong smell of alcohol invaded my senses, "A-are you drunk?"

"O-oh?" he said as he looked at me absentmindedly, "A little... Mishter. Baang... wanted to shelebratee..." he said slurring his words.

I sighed and support him to get up from our couch and walk to our bedroom. Once there, he flopped on our bed and immediately fell asleep. I looked at his sleeping figure. He sure looked so peaceful when he sleeps. I shook my head before helping him in a more comfortable position. I loosened his necktie and unbuttoned his suit before removing them. I got up and fetch him a change of clothes from our closet and returned to him. I quickly helped him put on a clean pair shirt and boxers. After that, I went to our bathroom to get a basin and a towel. 

I sat down beside him and gently wiped his face with the wet towel. I couldn't help but thought of how we were in the past and how much we have changed.

•••

Lisa was sitting on one of benches in the park waiting for her boyfriend to come. She looked around observing the kids playing, families having picnics, people exercising, and couples strolling around.

She smiled to herself. Days like these were her most favorite. 

Someone tapped her shoulder that made her turned around. She was surprised when she came face to face with a unicorn stuffed toy. She smiled widely as the man behind the toy revealed himself. 

"Kookie-yah!" she said excitedly. She took the stuffed toy from him as he sat beside her. "This is so cute." She gushed.

"Did you like it?" he said scratching his nape, shyly.

"Are you serious?" she looked at him incredulously, "I love it! Thank you, Kookie." she said as she pecked his cheek. 

-------------

"Kookie, I don't know how to ride." she worriedly gazed at him.

"Don't worry, I'm here. I'll never let you go." he said encouragingly.

"Promise?" she asked, holding her pinky out to him.

"I promise." he smiled, laced his pinky with hers then kissed their intertwined fingers.