𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

Start from the beginning

"Look, I get what you need from us, but if both doppelgangers are alive again, the travelers can restart their spell. Witch magic goes bye-bye, and all you vamps? You're goners." Liv tried her best to defend her cause to the three girls, but all they cared about was Stefan's survival.

"That's not gonna happen, Liv." The Austin vampire tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "We've got a way to bring Stefan back, but we're gonna have to kill a lot of them to do it— including Markos, himself."

"We can't help you," Luke protested again before his sister got them hooked into the plan. "Even if we wanted to, our coven would kill us."

"Stefan saved your life." The Forbes vampire snarled at Luke in disbelief. She knew that if it were the other way around, Stefan would do everything he could to return the favor.

"I know he did, but—"

"—We can't risk it." Liv finally told him.

In a moment of blind rage, Caroline Forbes sped forward and snapped Luke's neck without flinching. A gasp of horror escaped Liv's lips as she watched Luke's body drop to the floor. "Your brother's officially on the Other Side."

Evelyn folded her arms across her chest and glanced up at Liv. "Think you can risk it now, huh?"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The plan was set, finally. Liz Forbes had lured the travelers into one spot— The Grill, where Matt and Jeremy had caused a gas pipe to leak. All that was left was for Damon to trigger the explosion. The Salvatore's eyes lingered on the entry sign to the small town, then he took one final sip of bourbon and climbed into the driver's seat of his car.

As he turned the key in the ignition, the passenger door swung open and Evelyn Austin jumped inside. She gave him a smirk, then yanked the bottle of bourbon from his lap. "Rude of you to not share. We're engaged, Damon."

"Evelyn, what the hell are you doing?" Damon glared at her with a look of both annoyance and surprise as she removed the bottle from her lips.

"What? Do you seriously think I'm gonna let you do this alone? No way." She smirked, then tilted her head to the side. "I'm coming with you."

"No. No, you're not." Damon immediately began to argue. "You're being stupid. Now, get the hell outta' the car, Evelyn."

"You and I are in this together. That's what you said when you put this ring on my finger, right?" Evelyn raised her hand up in the air and watched his eyes linger on the engagement ring. "Now, we've got a Grill to blow up. Drive."

A smirk flickered across Damon's lips but as soon as he drove over the border of Mystic Falls, the spell began to slowly take effect on them. Damon's eyes glanced to the brunette beside him as a slit suddenly appeared on the left of Evelyn's neck. "No! Come on!"

As they turned a sharp corner, the Grill was in sight. Evelyn's eyes widened fearfully as she felt herself choking on the blood. "Damon."

The Salvatore's eyes fixed with Evelyn's, then he nodded. "I know."

Damon took his fiancé but the hand as they prepared for the impact and clamped their eyes shut. The car immediately drove straight into the window of the Grill, all that was heard was a loud smash and then a massive bang followed by fire consuming everything, and then there was nothing.

Evelyn blinked uncomfortably and found herself back at the cemetery with Bonnie, who stood a little in front of her. She waited a few moments until she clapped eyes on Damo, who had also made it.