(4) THE CRASH

Before you get confused, when you see "...", it means the person is talking and when you see '...', it means the person is using sign language. If the words are in italics, then it means they wrote those words. If the words are underlined in between "...", it means someone is interpreting what they said, and if it is underlined in between '...', then the person is talking and signing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I opened my eyes in the morning, something was different. It was the light. It was the same grey-green light of a cloudy day in the forest, but it seemed clearer for some reason. I realized there was no fog veiling my window.

I jumped out of my bed to look out my bay window, and a smile grew at the transformation outside. A fine layer of snow covered yard, dusted the top of the truck, and whitened the road. However, that was not the most beautiful part of outside. All the rain from yesterday had frozen solid, coating the needles on the tree in fantastic, gorgeous patterns, like frozen water dripping off the branches after a rain shower.

I could not wait any longer to take a picture of it on my camera, so I practically ran to my closet to get dressed. I got dressed in my usual style adding a red beanie on my head. As I ran downstairs, I saw Bella with a frown, that seemed to take a permanent residence on Bella's face, probable from the snow outside. How can she not see how beautiful it is outside? Is she blind?

I ran in front of her and teased, 'What's up with this frown on your face. Turn your frown upside down.' I tried to bring the ends of her mouth up into a smile making Bella laugh and gently slap my hands off her.

Bella replied, 'You're in a peppy mood this morning.' I rapidly nodded my head while Bella and I both heading to the truck to go to school. While walking outside, Bella tripped over a patch of ice on the ground. I started laughing so hard I fall in the snow which gave me a brilliant idea to get Bella to see the beauty of snow. I dug my hands in the snow forming a snowball and threw it at her. I ended up hitting Bella's arms that she put in front of her chest. She glared at me but threw a snow ball at me to get revenge. Soon it turned into a full-fledged snowball battle with laughter coming off both of us. I had been, surprisingly, hit a lot with the snow, even with Bella being uncoordinated and clumsy. But then again, Bella is ever good at taking other people down with her lack of athleticism.

We eventually stopped throwing snowballs, because of exhaustion. We laid on the ground signing to each other about random things, before we realized that we have school to go to today.

My mind instantly wondered to thoughts about Jasper Hale and wanting to see him again. I should be avoiding him entirely like I usually do with hearing people, and I was suspicious of him for lying to me about his eyes. I was still frightened by his hostility I sometimes felt emanating his perfect face, and I was still tongue-tied whenever I pictured his perfect face. I was well aware that my league and his league were squares that did not touch. I should not be all that anxious to see him, so why was I? Then I think about him communicating with me be using sign language. I am still shocked that he learned some of my language just to be able to talk to me. Wow, I can't believe I am saying this about a hearing boy, but I think I like him.

I watched Bella carefully walk down the icy brick driveway, slipping occasionally. When she finally made it to the truck, she lost her balance, but managed to cling to the side mirror and save herself. Clearly, today was going to be a nightmare for her.

I laughed at her clumsiness, before I followed Bella past the icy road by hopping over the patches of ice and pulled myself into the passenger side of the truck. 

When Bella started driving, I closed my eyes out of fear, but surprisingly the truck had no problem against the black snow that covered roads. Bella still drove slower than usual probably concentrating very hard on not carving a path of destruction through the street.