FOURTEEN

CHAPTER 14_________________________ONE WEEK LATER

CHAPTER 14
_________________________
ONE WEEK LATER

Two days.

It had taken two days for the news of Jiraiya's death to travel to her.

And she was certainly angry.

She was mad at the fact that she wasn't told right away. Who wouldn't be? He was her only father figure. The person who would bring her treats after every mission and just sit there and talk about stupid stuff, like how big Tsunade's breasts are, or how he bet he could eat his food faster than she could. At the end of every challenge he would frown and say,"I let you win.".

But she was also sad, because,

He broke his promise.

And that hurt more than anything.

So when she decided to take a walk at the middle of the night, Yuri never would have thought she would see Naruto standing in front of a small little store, debating whether or not to go in.

But he did, and a few minutes later, he came back out and sat down on a bench with a plastic bag that contained popsicles. He took them out of the wrapping carefully. They were orange. Banana-Mango. Jiraiya's favorite flavor.

Then he started crying, which made Yuri's eyes water. She had never seen him cry. Not once. The pain of losing the only parental figure in his life hit him hard, and the Hayashi understood.

She walked over there quietly, sliding into the empty space beside him.

"Y-Yuri-chan?" Naruto hiccuped, wiping away the flowing tears with his palm. That left an irritated red mark on both of his cheeks, but he ignored them.

"Hey." Yuri said softly, crossing her legs as she looked at him. They hadn't spoken in months.

"I'm so sorry." He started crying again."That I left you in your house like that."

"It's okay." She lied, giving him the largest smile.

"It's not. I really like you." Naruto paused."I'm being honest. I'm just-"

"That's not why you're actually crying." Yuri whispered, cupping his face with her hand."It's because of Jiraiya."

"I wanted him to keep watching over me." He whispered back, holding the popsicles limply.

She nodded slowly."Naruto, guess what?"

"What?" Naruto sniffed. His tears had come to a stop, but some lingered.

Yuri took the other part of the popsicle like it was a wishbone, and pulled. It came apart easily and she held it up for him to see, biting it like Jiraiya usually would with a grin.

"He's always watching over you, no matter what." She responded, chewing on the cold item that had begun to slowly drip.

He finally let a small smile grace his lips."Guess what, Yuri-chan?"

Yuri smiled back."What, Naru?"

The yellow-haired knucklehead slammed his lips onto hers, their mouths moving in sync as she leaned back slightly from the sudden action, also wrapping her arms around his neck to pull him closer.

"I love you."