EIGHT

CHAPTER 8 _________________________TWO WEEKS LATER

CHAPTER 8
_________________________
TWO WEEKS LATER

      "YURI..."

Silence

"Yuri."

Silence

"Yuri!"

She looked up sharply, turning her head so that she was now looking at Naruto, who was trying to get her attention.

"Yes?" She asked, flashing him an apologetic look.

Naruto poked his fingers together. "So, I was wondering... since I'm back from my mission..."

"Hm?" Yuri signaled for him to continue.

"If you'd go on a date with me." He finished, a light pink blush dusting his cheeks as his eyes flickered from the floor to her face.

Her serious expression turned into a close-eyed smile in an instant. "Of course!"

"Really?" He exclaimed loudly with surprise laced in his tone, causing the people walking past them who had heard the whole thing to laugh in amusement.

"Yes, really." She nodded, taking his hand in her own. "Ramen?"

"Man, that was really easy. Why didn't I ask her years ago?" He muttered, hitting himself in the head lightly in annoyance. But nonetheless, he smiled and pulled her along.

Yuri laughed lightly, making a slight turn so that they were now in the Ichiraku, sitting side by side on the seats.

"Naruto, and Yuri!" Ayame grinned at them, clutching a rag in her hand that had previously been on the desk."  back from your missions?"

"Yeah." Yuri and Naruto grinned back.

"If anything this seems like a... date." She guessed, eyeing the two suspiciously.

"Oh, Ayame! Stop bothering them." Teuchi scolded his daughter, already fixing up a bowl for the bleach-blonde next to Naruto.

"Don't worry. It is a date." Naruto chuckled as Yuri placed a strand of hair behind her ear nervously.

"Oh my god, you're such a lucky guy, Naruto!" Ayame exclaimed, clapping her hands together. "Yuri's such a sweetheart." She gushed, then whispering, "And her looks are a bonus, too."

"We're n-not boyfriend and girlfriend or anything." He stuttered, grabbing a pair of chopsticks. "But yeah.."

"Not yet." Yuri added, winking jokingly at the brunette behind the counter.

The yellow knucklehead's eyes widened. "Y-Yuri!"

Yuri nudged him gently. "Oh, I'm only joking, Naru. It's not like you want to be my boyfriend."

He sighed quietly in disappointment.

"If only you knew."