ELEVEN

CHAPTER 11 __________________________ONE MONTH LATER

CHAPTER 11
__________________________
ONE MONTH LATER

Knock

Yuri's head shot up from the current paper work she was doing, and she put down her pen with a raised eyebrow. Who would be here at--she looked at the clock--eleven at night?

Knock

With a loud sigh, she got up and walked over to the door, opening it as wide as she could to be met with blue eyes who were staring at her sheepishly.

"Were you sleeping?" Naruto said in a hushed manner, leaning to the side to glance inside the large house.

"Yes, I was." Yuri replied sarcastically, gesturing to the medical files on the round table in the living room.

"Sorry. You look cute, though." He commented with a snort, looking down at her outfit.

She glanced down at her body. She was wearing an oversized sweater that stopped right below her butt. That wouldn't matter to Naruto, right? They were just friends after all.

"Thanks." She whispered, holding a finger to her lips while she led the yellow-haired boy inside.

He sat down on the ground next to where she was working with a sigh of relief, feeling comfortable in the large space.

"Why are you here so late?" She quizzed in curiosity, locking the door for good this time.

"For a drink from your mom's sake shrine." He rubbed the back of his head, flashing her a joking grin.

"I can get you one if you want, but you're underage. You can't tell anyone." Yuri winked, putting her files in a neat pile on the far side of the table.

"You are too." He pointed out licking his lips."But really?"

"No." She shook her head, smiling cheekily as she sat down next to him."There are so many other ways to release you of stress."

"Like what?" Naruto asked in a doubtful tone.

"Well, you don't have a girlfriend to do the other way with." Yuri stuck out her tongue teasingly.

"Oh my god, Ri." He groaned in slight embarrassment, running his fingers through his hair.

"What?" She bat her eyelashes innocently.

"No way. You seriously are suggesting that I-"

Yuri laughed and gave him a small nod."Yes."

"No." He exhaled, burying his face in his hands.

Yuri's frowned."Aw, don't be mad. I was only kidding."

"I'm not mad, I'm sad." He corrected.

"Why?"

"Because, Yuri. The girl I'd rather experience stuff with is too oblivious to my feelings to see that I love her." Naruto muttered.

"I'm sorry." Yuri climbed over his lap and sat there, grabbing his hands so that he could look up.

To her, it wasn't something sexual that she had done. She had done it to comfort him. To tell him that she was there, healthy or not. That she was always going to be there, no matter what the circumstance. That she was always listening.

To him, it was the best thing in the world to have her there. She stared into his eyes and his eyes searched her face, staring at her features that he was able to see in the dimly lit room. She was absolutely gorgeous to him at that moment. The way she was effortlessly beautiful. He'd never get over it.

Yuri bit her lip."Naruto?"

He traced a circle on her palm."Hm?"

"Is it Sakura?"

Naruto shook his head."No."

"Is it Hinata?"

"No."

"Is it Ino?"

"No."

"Is it TenTen?"

"Of course not."

"Is it.." She gulped."Is it me?"

Silence

And so she waited for a moment, until did something she in a million years would never do without a lack of confidence.

She kissed him.

DOUBLE UPDATE :)
i couldn't wait to post this because tbh it's my favorite chapter out of the whole book
+
i know this is a little ooc for Naruto but then again, the whole story kinda has been about his other side when he's with Yuri. also sorry if it isn't the best i've been a bit distracted lately. xo