TWELVE

CHAPTER 12__________________________A MONTH LATER

CHAPTER 12
__________________________
A MONTH LATER

"Where are we?"

"Out."

"Ino, I'm asking where." Yuri groaned in annoyance, punching the bridge of her nose.

Ino rolled her eyes as she ran her fingers through her friend's blonde locks."At a place."

"Oh my god!" She cried."Sakura. Save me."

"We're at Yakiniku Q." The pinkette giggled lightly, adjusting Yuri's outfit which consisted of a cropped sweater Ino insisted she wear.

TenTen poked Yuri's toned stomach."Naruto's coming with the boys."

"But she's trying to avoid him, remember?" Hinata reminded them all, sighing.

"Aw, why?" Ino questioned with a sad look, taking a couple of strands of Yuri's hair to create a french braid.

She bit her lip."Well.. we kissed."

Everyone in the room gasped, some smiling and some covering their mouths out of surprise.

"Yes! Finally!" Sakura shouted, pumping her fist into the air.

Yuri cracked a smile at the pinkette's reaction."But he left, and whenever we see each other he pretends he's talking to whoever he's walking with."

"Boo, what a coward!" TenTen turned her thumb upside down and stuck out her tongue.

"I don't blame him." Hinata said quietly.

"What? How could you not?" Ino exclaimed.

"Well Yuri-chan is obviously very beautiful and kind, and maybe that intimidates him." She explained, earning a few 'oh's from the girls.

"Thanks, Hinata-chan." Yuri flashed her a close-eyed smile.

Hinata simply nodded and smiled back.

The bell of the restaurant ringed at that moment and in came six boys who were talking and laughing in amusement at what one of them said.

"They're gonna sit next to our booth, aren't they." TenTen guessed with a slight distaste.

Yuri took out a few curled strands of baby hair out of her braid."Yup."

Neji lead the group, not even sparing a glance at the table beside theirs. The boys hadn't noticed it was them yet.

"Let's mess with them." Ino whispered to the group, who grinned at her and nodded in agreement.

Sakura hit her glass and stood up, her orange juice swishing in the cup as she moved."I wanna make a toast."

The boys then looked over at their table and stared at them in silent shock, paying attention to whatever they were doing.

"This girl, my friend for four years, has finally made it to where she's wanted to be. An on-call surgeon at the hospital, the heiress of her clan, and most important of all, has surrounded herself with friends that will never leave her in an awkward spot."

The girls stifled their laughs at the last part, knowing Sakura was hinting at what Naruto did.

The yellow-haired boy knew, too. His cheeks turned red with embarrassment, and his friends gave him small glares.

Sakura laughed a little too."So raise your glasses to Yuri Hayashi, the most beautiful, kind, and successful girl I've ever known, who doesn't need anybody to discourage her."

The whole table burst into a fit of giggles, and jumped up, letting out choruses of, 'To Yuri!' and clinking their glasses together.

The whole group of boys let out their own laughs and teased Naruto, which led him to look down at his hands and sigh.

"I'm an idiot."