THIRTEEN

CHAPTER 13 __________________________TWO MONTHS LATER

CHAPTER 13
__________________________
TWO MONTHS LATER

"Oh? You're still wasting your time in this flower field."

Yuri looked up from adjusting her spaghetti straps on her slightly compressing dress, her lips quirking upward in a small smile.

"And you're still wasting your time talking to me in this flower field." She shot back, examining her yellow-colored painted nails.

"I have something important to say this time!" He defended himself, holding up a plastic bag.

"Well, go on. I have to go and meet Ino." Yuri gestured for him to continue.

"Well, it's simple. I'm going on a mission." Jiraiya never wavered from his standing spot across from the bleach-blonde.

She shifted her weight to her left leg."Its not very dangerous, is it?"

He grinned."I'm gonna go find Pein."

"You. Stupid. Baka!" She shouted, slapping his arms a few times with as much strength as she could muster.

"Geez! Tsunade the Second much?" Jiraiya exclaimed in annoyance, rubbing his arm."Break my ribs if you wanna be like her."

"Going after the guy who's after Naruto? I thought you knew better than that." Yuri said in a more calming tone.

Jiraiya sighed."I'm going. Nothing's gonna change my mind."

"But Naruto-"

"-Speaking of." He pulled out two blue popsicles from the plastic bag he had brought, rubbing them out of their paper wrap before breaking them off and handing her one."Have some of this."

She hesitantly took one and licked it, smiling at the taste. Blue Rasberry. It was her favorite, because it was Naruto's favorite.

"You know that there's a chance I might not come back." He reminded her quietly, taking a small bite of his own.

"Yeah." She nodded.

"You need to take care of him if I don't make it." Jiraiya told her, inclining his head in a guilty manner.

"Of course, Ji." Yuri frowned up at his tall figure."Just don't die. Promise me."

He took a pregnant pause."I.. promise."

"Okay, good."

"I'm heading off." Jiraiya took the last bite of his popsicle.

"Take care, Flower Goddess."