NINE

CHAPTER 9_________________________ONE MONTH LATER

CHAPTER 9
_________________________
ONE MONTH LATER

"Naruto, get out of bed." Yuri pleaded, kneeling down beside the queen sized bed in her friend's half-organized room.

Naruto simply groaned, turning to face the blonde with a stubborn expression."I don't want to."

"You promised we'd hang out today. You've been really busy and so have I." She pushed, running her fingers through her hair in an exhausted manner.

"Busy what? Being a princess?" He muttered unknowingly, raising his arms over his head.

A look of hurt flashed across Yuri's face."I have a clan to run and missions to lead. That doesn't mean I'm a princess. I'm just as much of a ninja as you are."

"Yeah, right." Naruto scoffed, throwing the covers off of his body to stand up.

She stood up as well and took a step back."What's that supposed to mean?"

Naruto slipped on a pair of sweatpants over his boxers swiftly."You don't have the same hardships as I do. You're the heiress of a whole clan who admire you and want to be you while I have no family left and have to deal with people who are after what's inside of me. It's hard, fighting off the threats, especially when.."

Yuri's eyes softened."Especially when what?"

"Especially when the person you l-especially when the person who matters to you the most doesn't even acknowledge you anymore." He stuttered, avoiding eye contact as he sat back down on the bed quietly.

"Oh, Naruto." Yuri sighed, kneeling down in front of him once again."I love you, you know that, right?" She placed her index finger under his chin to force him to look down at her.

"Yeah." He mumbled.

"So if I don't acknowledge you it's only because you left, Naru. You left, so I had to learn how to fight for myself, and I had gotten so used to you not being there with me." She continued.

"I'm sorry." Naruto whispered, closing his eyes while taking in a breath."For not being there."

"That's okay, because I can thank you for how strong I've become." Yuri smiled brightly, removing her hand to cup his cheek."Even if I did go through hell having to grow."

"You.." He bit his lip to hold back tears. He never let her see him cry, and he wouldn't make an exception today."I love you."

"I love you too." She replied automatically, her lashes brushing her cheek as her smile grew.

"Not in the same way, right?" Naruto said quietly, hoping that she wouldn't hear.

"What?" Yuri tilted her head to the side.

He panicked inside."I-I said.."

"I'm glad you're my best-friend."