~Eternal~

I winced at the sound of a gunshot, I shot towards the now spilling fire that surrounded me and Amelie.

A loud shriek split the sound of war and I let go of a breath that I was holding on to, and kept shooting.

At the edge of my peripherals, stunning red struck my vision. The sniper that was held in my hands was already dropped onto the ground. Sinking onto my knees, I held Amelie. Several bullet wounds were seen on her abdomen and I quickly shout out on my comm.

Amelie is down! She is shot, Please-Medic-Medic!

Fuck. This isn't...This-This isn't happening. Fuck.

Several voices were heard afterwards.

"Amelie, Amelie. Stay with me, Amelie." I laughed hysterically and pressed a kiss on her forehead. The pale coldness contrasting against my lips. Hot tears spilling down on her, she stared at me. I choked back a sob and pressed my hand against her wound, hugging her.

"Amelie, my spider. Please, look at me-look at me, Please." I didn't realise I was shaking.

"Cherie." Her voice weak and small. Nothing like my Amelie.

I put my head against her chest, hearing nothing but a faint heartbeat and the sound of my own, terrified and pounding heartbeat. I put my lips to hers again, remembering every moment of love they shared, wether for love, or lust. The weight of her hands, laced around mine. Her hair sprawled against the bed sheets, or even under the moonlight. I pressed a kiss on her hand, strong, but gentle.

"Amelie, please. Please, stay awake." She did not respond. Instead, she whispered.

"Je'taime Cherie." She fell limp against my hold. I howled with grief and muttered words of comfort endlessly. I cried like a person vomiting until they couldn't breathe.

"Spider, please. Please wake up"-

"Amelie, Amelie."-

I whimpered in tears, silently screaming, and stared at her blood-stained face. I held her hand, strong. And kissed her hands over and over again. The rooftop that we met in, was now the only place where Widowmaker rested. Where Amelie Lacriox was safe, free.

"[Y/N]! Dammit, what happened?" Jesse ran over to me, panting and clothes stained with blood. "We have to go, Gabriel died pal, Montreal didn't."

"It's over, Jesse. The war is over. There's no point in fighting right? Our loved ones die and drop dead. Why do we still need to fight on?" I whispered, face stained with hot tears.

"Jesus [Y/N]....I didn't think you would think like that..." Jesse took off his hat, pressing it against his chest.

I buried my face into Amelie's neck, hoping to feel a pulse, a twitch of a muscle, anything.

"[Y/N] I-I...Don't know what to say..." He signed and kneeled down next to me, "C'mon, let's give her a proper burial..-"

"She betrayed us didn't she?" Jesse froze and turned towards me, hat placed onto his mop of hair.

"Gosh, No! When Gerard was still alive and walkin' Amelie loved him to bits. Never." Jesse shook his head and stood up, tipping his hat.

"We don't get medals and badges for being brave, we get them for moving on and carrying the weights of our passed away friends and soldiers. That's why, we gotta move on." He walked away, leaving my mind swirling with his words.

------------------------------------------------

The funeral was short lived. Jack, Jesse, Hanzo and a few other team mates sent their condolences. Jesse and Hanzo stood with me the whole time, muttering comforting words as I leaked tears.