~Emotion?~

After that little competition with Widowmaker, I felt better about my skills as a sniper, doing my daily routine, I go to Widowmaker's room, who was absent. I went in secretly and looked around, I found a bookshelf with a collection of romance books, most in french. I wanted to look closely at the names until I was struck down to the ground with Widowmaker's heel on top of my face, her face, stern.

"What are you doing here." She growled.

"We have a mission together so let's go." I pushed her heel off and stood up, I put on my mask and pointed at the book shelf.

"Those are nice books." I walked away, followed by widowmaker.

Who the hell says those are nice books.

I inwardly sighed to myself.

Time Skip

We arrived at our next mission, which was in Illios, Greece. The majority of the time on the airship was me trying to befriend Widowmaker, not because I wanted to, not because she wanted to, but because we had to. I tried talking about what she liked, death, romance novels and...death?

After we arrived at our location, I found a spot to camp the choke point, and sniped off people who tried to attack us. It was a long time, so I decided to take a rest, turns out, Widowmaker was still aggravated that I beat her in a sniping competition. So I heard multiple rounds of ammo released by her gun, I was a little worried, mainly because she was cursing loudly at the enemies, she was not even panting or sweating, but even Lucio was scared to even try to heal her.

As the nice guy I am I walked to her, patted her on the shoulder. She turned around sharply.

"What." She stood up and walked towards me.

"Well, I think we're done here, we got to go back." She huffed but still obliged.

On the airship, I was currently chatting with D.Va, who wanted to check out my mask, I gladly took it off, lending my mask to her. She put it on and ran around showing off to everyone else, I chuckled but still enjoyed the sight. I looked up and closed my eyes, thinking about how all this happened. For a while, I never actually felt peace, I guess I did now. Soon, I felt a slight pressure on my shoulder, I opened my eyes and saw the raven-haired woman sleeping peacefully. My lips formed a smile, as it was a cute sight to see. She was quietly snoring, lips parted slightly, leaning forward on my shoulder. My once cold impression on her was as if washed away, I gazed at her and broke away when she opened her eyes and got up. As if nothing happened, she walked away, grabbing her sniper as well.

She turned around and smirked at me. My eyes widened with loss of words, I decided to check on D.Va who was still singing Unravel with a dramatic voice. I took my mask back and put it back on, slightly gazing at Widowmaker, who was reading her book, leaning against the wall.

Time Skip

I went back to my room, thoughts filled with her.

did she do that on purpose? was she teasing me?

I was currently at my home, since I had a break after a few months in overwatch. I was currently organising my arsenal, as an assassin, I had a adequate salary, so I had a choice in how to make my home comfortable. Even though some parts were dusty, I could live with it. My arsenal contained more scopes, diffrent snipers, and some rifles and handguns but mostly bullets. I had a lot of time and I finished a project I was working on before I had my first mission. Making another mask for whenever, I need it. I prop onto my chair and tap lightly on the desk, I stare at my cat (btw is called chat noir FOR NO REASON) who was perched atop the windowsill, green eyes staring over the city. I stopped tapping and fiddled with the strap on my sniper, tracing the little details that my father made for me as a gift. As I was doing so, I heard a slight thud in the living room, making my cat jump down and mewl. I picked up my cat, walking outside with a handgun in another hand, and looked around.

Widowmaker what the hell.

"How did you get here." I grimaced on how she was able to find me, possibly when she did.

"I just wanted to see my favourite sniper." She stated, eyes locked on mine. The moonlight shone her features, especially her golden coloured orbs. I sighed and put the cat down, allowing it to purr on Widowmaker, weaving in between her legs.

"Is this your cat?" She bent down to pet the cat, chuckling as the cat lied down.

"Yeah, her name's chat noir, named after my first sniper." I looked towards at that first sniper, It was pitch black and had a silencer on it, making it extremely good for assassinating a specific target. She looked in my direction too, suddenly interested in snipers more than cats, so she released the cat and walked towards my arsenal. Once there, she looked around, and back to me.

"So you used a sniper when you were young?" I promptly nodded and sat down on the dining chair.

"Well, my father was killed by one, Ironic?" She didn't say anything, instead, she invited herself to sit across from me. I handed her a cup of coffee, which I made, and her slim fingers wrapped around the cup, savouring the bitterness and sweetness of this caffeine filled beverage. She looked across the window (WINDOWMAKER AM I RIGHT..sorry not sorry) and spoke.

"My husband Gerald, was part of Overwatch, but I was never involved, instead, they kidnapped me, and put me into this container. The moment I opened my eyes, I felt no emotion, nothing." She promptly said. I was quite surprised that she actually shared this to me, but I cut in before she added on.

"Amelie, your name is Amelie, you last name Lacroix. You were captured by Talon and brainwashed into Widowmaker, at last, you killed your husband in his sleep." I blurted out, slightly scared that she'll probably beat me to death. But instead she widened her eyes and stayed still.

After a moment. She gazed back at me, with a gleaming, playful eye, she then spoke.

"Then I suppose you'll just call me Amelie then." She got up, thoughtfully putting the cup at the kitchen counter. I grabbed her shoulder and she turned around.

"Why did you come here?"

"We'll be working together from now on, so I thought we could learn more about each other." She put her hand on her forehead.

"If I remember Gerald, then that means not being in Talon in so long might have some long term effect on what they did to me. Dr. Ziegler told me that the effects are washing away, If that's the case, I felt emotion today." She smirked once more and blew a kiss towards me, then, she left.

Wait...WHAT