67

Eve POV

My family left ten minutes ago and I'm in the living room straightening up some things.

I'm an angry cleaner. I don't like to yell or argue, I just clean. I don't know why, I just do.

I fix the blanket that was falling off of the couch and turn around and face Harry who just walked in. He's wearing his sweat pants and teeshirt now.

"Hello," He offers. I remain silent and just stare at him. "Uh, I apologised to your family for showing up late." Harry mentions.

"May I ask how you even lost track of time?" I ask.

"We were just bullshitting,"

"For three hours?" I ask.

"Yeah well when Liam has a few he starts to really bring up some good topics." I roll my eyes a little. "I'm sorry okay?"

I just stare at him. "Why couldn't you just come back after the meeting?" I ask.

"You said to be home by three, I thought going out for lunch would be okay."

"And you thought going out for drinks would be okay too? At 2:30?"

"What did you need me here for?"

"I wanted some help getting chairs, making dinner, that stuff," I say.

"I didn't purposely mean to come back late, Eve. And you could've called Anna to make dinner."

"I wanted to do it though," I say.

"And you did,"

"Why are you being an ass?" I ask.

"I'm not. I said sorry, I don't know how much you want me to do, Eve." Harry says through a shrug.

"You knew that having my family over for dinner was important to me, I just wish you looked at it like that too," I say.

"Why cause I still need to convince your Dad to like me?"

"Showing up two hours late didn't really show that you cared," I mention.

"And I said sorry to everyone for that," Harry reminds me. "If you get the throw pillows would that make you not mad?"

"Fuck the throw pillows, I'm still mad," I exclaim.

"I can never please you can I?" Harry's eyes narrow at me.

"What do I ask for that is a lot?" I ask.

"You want me to go to my mothers house for dinner in two weeks," He brings up.

"It's a meal with your family, what's hard about that?"

"Everything. I don't like my Mother, if you didn't get the hint, but no. Ms. Family is everything wants me to go."

"How's it wrong that I just want you to start liking your family?" I ask.

"Because it's none of your business with what type of relationship I want with them. I didn't have to spend a week at the stupid beach house but I did it for you," Harry throws in my face. "Now you want to turn my apartment into some museum of pillows, which is fine because your happiness is more important than mine. So get the stupid pillows and rugs because who cares? Lets make this place more homey because that's the most important thing to every person in the world right? Now, I'll sit down at my Mothers house, which I haven't been to since she kicked me out, all for you. Since family is so fucking important. Anything else that I shall do for you?"

My eyes are welled up with tears and my eyes look to my feet.

I don't say anything to Harry. I just brush past him and head to our, or "his", room and slam the door shut.

I sit on the edge of the mattress and feel tears roll down my eyes.

I lay down on my side of the bed and use one of my two pillows to hold against me. My tears hit the pillow I'm holding.

***

I don't know how long I've been laying down in this room for, but it feels like a long time.

I can't fall asleep, so I just stare straight. My cheeks are still damp and I just want this day to be over with.

I hear the bedroom door creak open making my body stiffen.

The other side of the bed becomes dented and I just hold onto my pillow more. More tears start to brim my eyes making me feel even more sad.

"Are you still awake?" I hear Harry ask me. I don't say anything. I just screw my eyes shut.

His body presses against mine which makes my body clam up. "I didn't mean what I said. And I'm sorry for hurting your feelings, when obviously I'm the one at fault here. I should've came home right after the meeting, I should've helped, I should've been here for you, and I'm sorry. My relationship with my Mother is a sensitive topic for me, and I jumped down your throat when all you wanted to do was help. Again, that's my fault and not yours. I wanted you to meet my family, and I'm sorry for saying I only went because you wanted to meet them. I was just getting defensive because you were right and I was wrong, and I hate being wrong. I love you, Eve. I'm sorry for disrespecting you today."

I don't say anything. I still feel tears drop from my eyes. Now they land on Harry's hand. "Please don't cry, Eve. I hate knowing I caused your tears." His voice is shaky, and his lips kiss my cheek.

"I never feel at home where ever I live," I find myself saying. "I thought adding some stuff would help."

"You don't have to explain yourself. This is your home too. I'm sorry for making it seem otherwise." His grip on me is tight and protective. "I love you Eve."

I don't reply. I just keep my eyes shut. "I'll sleep on the guest bedroom tonight. I assume you want your space," Harry says. His body detaches from mine. "Please know that I'm sorry and I'll do anything to make it up to you." His lips touch the top of my head and I hear him get off the mattress.

Soon the bedroom door shuts, then I'm alone.

A://N

hi

thoughts/feelings???

Comment goal: 60ish??????

~lauren