I mumble a 'bye' back before heading back to the waiting room. An unsettling feeling rests itself in the pit of my stomach again and I bite my cheeks in annoyance and nervousness.

I walk over to Nolan and Adam and give them their coffees. They both look equally exhausted and it won't surprise me if I look the same.

4 hours, they've been in that room for. Four. Hours.

We all now sit anxiously on the uncomfortable seats outside Lily's room and wait. When that door opens, our lives will change for the better or the worse. I'm crossing my fingers for the better. I want my best friend and I want her soon. Call me greedy and selfish if you want but it's true. I need Lily Harley in my life.

My eyes begin to droop again as I rest my head on Adams' shoulder. I sigh and then close them, hoping for sleep to wash over my body once again and hide me from the darkness of this world.

But, then I hear the squeakiness of the door next to us. Nolan, Adam and I jump up to our feet and turn towards the sweat covered doctor.

Hope has been one of the only things I've been able to rely on in my whole life. Hope is a bright light that illuminates the darkness and brings light to our lives. Hope has made me smile on so many occasions. I hoped for a life away from them and eventually, my dream came true.

Slowly but steadily, it came true.

One look at the doctor is all it takes for my fate to be sealed. One look and it's over or...it's only the beginning of an amazing life.

One look.

One look and that's when I feel my heart crumble to tiny pieces and all the hope I have built up shatter to the ground. The doctor looks over at us sympathetically and shakes his head in despair.

There was hope before. Now though, I don't feel anything. I don't want to believe it. I don't want to hear them; those three words.

The doctor's eyes skim over his clipboard before he looks back up at us. Regret fills them. It looks like its possessing his body in some sort of way. He takes one final breath before the words finally slip out his mouth.

"I'm sorry, but, Ms Lily Harley has passed on..."

One sentence, that's all it takes to ruin my life.

Lily is dead...

A few silent seconds pass before everything hits me, hard. I bring my hand up to my mouth and gasp, tears now – once again – pooling my eyes.

I continuously shake my head and back my way back into my chair. A scream ripples its way through the silent hospital. I quickly glance up at the noise and see Mrs Harley standing at the entrance of the waiting room.

She's heard it all.

I hiccup as I try to hold in the unforgiving sobs that are breaking out my mouth. We can never really feel other people's pain, yet, Mrs Harley's scream has made me realise how close both of our pains are.

Death isn't kind, and I know that. It takes people you love with or without any warnings at all. Death, it takes people who are young and rips apart people's lives with just one slight movement. Being dead is permanent. If there were a way to bring people back to life, believe me when I say this, the world would have ended centuries ago.

My best friend, Lily Harley, has been taken from me today. I was the last person to see her final breath. Everyone thought she was getting better, she was responding to our hand squeezes by squeezing our hands back.

Death, it takes people without permission and now, everyone has to live with another loss in their life.

Today, I lost my best friend and tomorrow, I shall mourn her life.

-

And that's that guys

And that's that guys. Before writing this chapter and reading all your guys Lily threats on the previous chapter (which was hilarious), I was actually going to let Lily live. But, I've changed the story plot so much in this story that I didn't want to muddle the whole ending up when I've put so much effort into planning the final chapters as a whole.

I kind of wish I planned Lily and the whole death thing differently beforehand but meh, what's done is done and yeahhhhh (#sorrynotsorry).

This update was meant to be posted three days ago, but the wifi at this accommodation we're staying in only works when you stand on top of this hill where the sand is blowing everywhere I'm not too keen at getting the stuff in my speakers and all, so sorry about that as well!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter to some extent and don't hate me TOO much.

Love Ya,

- Elyse xx