30 | GANGS

"Stay strong, make them wonder why you're still smiling."

[30]

HIS ICY COLD glare is the only thing I can focus on. My breaths are shallow and quick as if I wasn't going to survive this confrontation. Gary's hand quickly whips out in front of me and before I know it, I'm lying on the cold tile floor.

Reality all of a sudden crashes back on to me.

My focus comes back as quickly as it had gone and my eyes dart all over the bathroom looking for an escape route. Realising that my phone is in my purse at the table, I huff out in frustration and quickly grab onto the sink bench, my arms trying to lift me up.

"You don't get it, do you?" I hear Gary laugh from behind me. My shaky hands clench into fists, my anger hanging on by the thread.

"Leave me alone..." I grit out through my teeth. Gary's loud laugh pierces through the air like a sword cutting through someone's flesh. I close my eyes before reopening them and looking at Gary through the reflection of the mirror.

"Princess, don't do this to me now. After all, we've been through a lot together and now you decide to treat me like shit?" He yells harshly. My head snaps around and I glare at him, a fire in my eyes. Years and years of anger pulsing through my veins, finally wanting release.

Suddenly, the bathroom door bangs open revealing an extremely distraught Adam. I sigh in relief but then tense up again, realising that Gary is capable of anything.

"Leave her alone, bastard," Adam says quietly, controlling the red that's seeping just below his skin. I take a little, unnoticeable steps towards Adam without Gary noticing.

Gary glares at Adam and lunges for me, my body is shoved out the way and Adam punches Gary square in the jaw. Gary falls back onto his ass, his head hitting the cold, tile ground.

"Fuck..." he hisses between his teeth in pain. I inwardly smile and quickly grab Adam by the hand and pull him out the restaurant.

We run to the car and Adam opens the door for me before quickly closing it and hopping into his own side. Adam quickly pulls out the carpark and we make our way back to my house.

"Isabelle..." Adam begins. "Are you okay? He didn't hurt you did he?" I look down at my arm where I know beneath the sleeve, a massive cut lays.

"No, it's fine, he didn't hurt me," I say, the lie easily slipping through my mouth. Adam sighs in relief and looks over at me, a smirk playing on his lips.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that for..." Adam says quietly. I nod my head in agreement and laugh.

"I'm surprised with how okay I am right now. It's like I didn't just see the guy that had made my life a living hell from the age seven..." I whisper. Adam glances sideways and frowns.

"It's because you're stronger than them and you know that now. They'll never be able to rise above you now because, you're Isabelle Thompson, the strongest person I know," Adam expresses softly. My heart flutters and my mouth lifts upwards into a smile.

"Adam, as much as I love hearing you say that, I'm really not that strong - " My voice is cut off by Adam.

"I'm ready Isabelle. I'm going to tell you how this rivalry started between David and me..." He says. My mouth hangs open but I quickly close it and blink my eyes a few times. I nod my head and wait for the rest of the car ride to be over, because then, Adam will tell me how he and David's rivalry came to be.